KUA

KUA

4/23/11

The Heat is On ...

And now the song from Beverly Hills Cop will be running through my head. Sorry, don't know the title or the singer ... I'm bad for forgetting those types of things ...

But anyway ... Alien facebooked last night that she had some info to tell me. She'd call in the morning. NOT. I had to call her!

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry Mom".

CPS was at her house again yesterday ordering her out of the house or surrender the kids. Told her if she came back for any reason she'd be losing all rights immediately.

Alien said she'd forgotten something important and needed to get back in the house, but fearing the CPS person she went to the local Cop Shop to tell them she needed to get back in the house and if it would be okay. After explaining the whole situation to the Desk Cop he says that not only can she go back in the house for the item but "as long as there is a space heater, food for the children, and running water you can stay at the house. They cannot remove the children" because of a shut off utility.

According to Alien, from what the cop insinuated, some of these CPS workers use some pretty terroristic threats on these young parents - using their ignorance of the law to the worker's advantage. And since the kids couldn't be removed without the assistance of the local cops, "good luck to them" the cop said. "We won't remove them just because of no heat".

It all turns out to be for nothing. Papaw paid the heat bill that Bubba was supposed to pay. Why he didn't tell her is beyond us, but he didn't. And I guess he's beyond pissed at Bubba for not taking care of his responsibilities with that house.

So, the heat is back on ... turned on first thing this morning. I told Alien she better not lax in finding a new place. That as long as she lives there, she'll continue to have encounters with CPS. It's an unsound structure at best, even with the utilities turned back on.

*****

Mom called. Take whomever is at my house tomorrow and take them to the local All You Can Eat Buffet or Chinese Restaurant for Easter Dinner. Pay with our joint charge card. LOL ... I knew she'd pull the "but you have to have a holiday meal together". They won't be joining us, though. Dad doesn't do crowds well.

*****

Either I'm finally cracking ... or ... watching way too many old episodes of Star Trek ... or playing way too much of that facebook app "Frontierville".

Star Trek has invaded my dreams ... but it's more like a "Frontierville" version of Star Trek. Think planting alien crops, tending to injured little space creatures, and building all sorts of out-post structures. Instead of fighting off critters like fox, bear, snakes and coyotes critters such as eight legged monsters, sand creatures and just plain ol' mean alien life forms are fought. And instead of looking at it from the point of a computer screen, in my dreams I'm right there in the middle of it all!

I need a life!! Or a geek who knows how to develop facebook apps! The more I think of it, the more it'd be a pretty cool app for Trekkies to play!

*****

And yes, being the Trekkie Geeks that we are we have every episode (and movie) that was ever made.

Maybe it's time to take a Trek break and entertain myself with the dvds in my complete set of "Keeping Up Appearances" for a while.


5 comments:

  1. have to get you hooked on dr who....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have to get into Dr Who!!
    Better news, but she needs to be hassling someone for a permanent place to go. My parents are always bailing one of the grandchildren out but I'm sure the slightest problem and the CPS will be on her case again!!
    I don't think you're cracking up - just escaping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot of Trekkies who are also into Dr. Who ... I'll have to see if I can borrow some of their dvds and burn 'em into our video library.

    Like I need another addiction! LOL ...

    OMG ... gallstones, too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Amy!! That's just too freaking funny!!

    ReplyDelete