KUA

KUA

6/20/11

Monday Musings ...

A little of this, a little of that ...

Driving down the road yesterday I saw the best bumper sticker ... "Some days all I want to be is a missing person". Yup! So true, so true!

Just a whole bunch of Drama. I hate drama. Yet, it seems to seek me out.

*****

Alien is up to her normal crap. Now her hubby is getting in touch with me via facebook and telling me that *I* have to talk to her, that she's cutting him down on facebook and whining all the time. Like me talking to her would do any good to begin with. Besides, he knew what she was like before they married (they only argue all the time). And I'm NOT getting involved. Especially considering the consideration they both showed when they eloped and didn't tell anyone for a week or more.

*****

Married Son definitely leaves in the next few weeks for that job in North Carolina. The whole Wrecking Crew will be going down south, a mini-vacation before he leaves for the road. Too bad they're borrowing his step-mom's car for the trip - this way I know DIL and Grandson will have to return. Bummer. Ah well, when they get back they'll be under MY roof once again and no Married Son to tell her what to do. I'm not going to make their last weeks here comfortable (well, it's up to her if it's comfortable or not) ... she will be busy with her four-hour work day (yes, that's it) and then cleaning and organizing for the big move.

I talked to Married Son when we went to dinner (alone) the other day. Told him what my plan was - that she will be using this time to clean and organize for the move. He about choked on his chinese food ... laughing ... "Mom, you're on crack! Her clean or organize!?!? You gotta be kidding".

So, I'll GIVE her a crash course in it when I sort through the boxes I've set aside for immediate organization and sorting. Hehehe ...

*****

Single Son is the only one not causing me any drama. As usual. Then again, we're not driving some place. LOL ... like yesterday ... Father's Day. We had a graduation party to go to. Friend of the family. All grown up and graduating high school. Where do the years go? His mom, "B" asked me to make a huge macaroni salad ... and I did (more on that in a bit). Well, we get in the car and Son tells me he has NO idea where the party is (he got the invite but never looked at the location). Soooooo ... after a heated discussion on location (and bitching at him to slow down so my macaroni salad didn't launch) and me telling him to trust me on the directions to the park ... we arrive two hours early to help set up. I get stuck putting photos in an album (that "B" should have had completed weeks ago - oh wait, that organizing thing ... she's not good at it either), while Single Son helps with tissue streamers, moving picnic tables, and heaven only knows what else. But, all in all, we had a great time!

*****

So ... THE Macaroni Salad. I should have halved the recipe ... there was enough to serve at least 50! And I'm not kidding! It took my large turkey roasting pan to get it all in - and barely at that.

Two 1 pound boxes of elbow macaroni,
two green peppers (medium to large),
two bunches green onion,
one bag radishes, I cheated and bought pre-sliced radishes
seven hard boiled eggs,
four cans tuna (in water, drained)
one jar miracle whip salad dressing
paprika.

Boil macaroni.
Dice all veggies. Dice four eggs, crush yoke.
Mix cooked macaroni (drained and rinsed in cold water), veggies, eggs, miracle whip, and tuna in a large bowl or pan.
Add to top the other three eggs (also diced and yoke crushed). Sprinkle paprika over top.

Very easy recipe!!! My kind of cooking!

I tried to get a picture of it, but the camera wouldn't cooperate.

I will be making this again at the end of July for a StarFleet function (only HALF recipe, though) ... and will get pics then. I promise.

Oh, and I can't tell you how many people came up to me not only ranting about how good it tasted, but wanting the recipe. It really IS good!!

*****

I didn't get to see my Dad for Father's Day ... but I did call. They went to a family member's high school graduation party. I didn't go for personal reasons, prefering to spent it with friends, Single Son, Alien and the boys outside at the park instead. Glad I did ... Mom said it was a rather dull and "stuffy" party.


No comments:

Post a Comment