KUA

KUA

11/19/11

What a dork!!

I can't believe that both Single Son and I totally forgot about yesterday's Star Trek junkies meeting!! Luckily my friend Chicken had called both Son and I to find out what time the meeting started. Had he not called, it'd have been a catastrophe! And after all that Chicken didn't even get to the meeting  - something about he thought he was having a stroke - I'd be concerned, except for the fact he's a major hypochondriac!

And I'd have missed the meeting where my peers cast their votes for their new XO (Executive officer) had Chicken not called so many times yesterday.

We have to send the ballots to our ballot-counter up in Canada, so we won't know the election results for about a week.

But from the general gist of the mostly hushed conversations around me, I'm pretty sure I won. Besides, my opponent lives in the state of Wyoming. How can he really do his job from such a distance away??

And believe me, there's a lot to this position, most of which I've been doing for over a year now in the absence of the gal who is supposed to be our XO.

So, just think, if I win the election, you'll get to hear all about the events I'll have to plan ... and probably a lot more venting about all things Trek, too.

LOL ...

Lucky you!!

1 comment: