KUA

KUA

12/2/11

Well ... It's Official ...

My days of unemployment officially end on Monday, December 5th at 9 am!! Yay!!

I can't say the least five years of unemployment have been a joy entirely. Yes, spending time with the family, as disFUNctional as we can be, has been a joy for the most part. It's the poverty I won't miss!!

Granted, I'm not being paid a lot, but any money is better than none!! Besides, it's a start until I get on the road as a delivery driver and make the "real bucks".

Speaking of which, I may be on the road sooner than even Married Son anticipated. There's talk of a cargo van that's for sale as we speak. It's owned by Single Son's boss (at FedEx) and is being held as a personal favor until Married Son has a chance to look it over. Since he's home this weekend, he'll be making the time to go check it out. After that, IF he decides to buy it, it'll be a matter of weeks before I'm delivering stuff locally. It'll only need his mechanic to go over it with a fine tooth comb, a new paint job (can't have FedEx painted all over it!) and the little matter of me getting my chauffeur's license.

I'm a little apprehensive about starting a driving job in the winter - in a large vehicle I'm not familiar with!! I've voiced this to Married Son, who assures me that if weather conditions are such, I do not have to take a delivery run. Since I'll be contracted to a local trucking brokerage, it's not like they wouldn't be able to find someone who could deliver whatever. I just have to be careful to not refuse too many deliveries, LOL.

On top of that, I'll still be doing office work (via internet if I'm on a "run"). Alien finds out tomorrow her employment with the company is being terminated. She's made just too many severe data entry mistakes ... thousands of dollars are missing on paper. Honestly, mistakes like these in any other work place would have resulted in termination a long time ago.

I feel bad, in a way, that I am her replacement. But at the same time, if she can't handle the work, and she definitely couldn't, she needs to find another line of work. She is a huge liability to the company. She was way over her head by even agreeing to do the job (a case of what was Married Son thinking when he hired her for data entry?). She gets enough state aid (medical, cash and food assistance) that losing the income will not hurt her (her paychecks went to that idiot of a husband of hers car).

*****

Star Trek ... be warned!!

Still no word on who won the elections! Maybe they're waiting to make the announcement for the December meeting? Grrrrrr ... the suspense is killing me.

What's going to be interesting, IF I win the election, how I'm going to handle work AND Star Trek stuff. There's a huge possibility I could be sent all over states east of the Mississippi and into Canada.

We'll see how this develops.

*****

I can't believe that tomorrow is Butterball's second birthday!! Where does the time go? Alien will have a party for both boys in mid-January.

It'll be nice to really FINALLY afford to buy them a few gifts for their birthdays!!


8 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm hoping that if I'm ever in your area we can at least meet up for a cuppa ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I find out u didn't let me know u were anywhere from Indy to Louisville I will never comment on your blogs again! Or your Facebook! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry!! I'd never miss an opp to drop in and see you!

    Someone's mind is in the gutter. LMAO ... too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five years!! Five long years. I did, though, use the first three and a half of it to go back to college FULL TIME and get my associates degree in Business Management. It's only the last year and a half that's been torture, lol. Glad it's finally coming to an end.

    Now to learn to live in the daylight again. I've been a nightowl for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish!!! At least it's part time work for now, so I can slowly adjust to waking up with the birds again. But once I'm in a truck, it'll be start work at 7 am (earlier sometimes) - an hour after my night owl bedtime!!

    ReplyDelete