I'm fed up. I'm not gonna sit silently anymore. And I haven't this week!!
Started the other day when Single Son's GF and I were talking. I told her I missed sitting in my living room, chatting with visitors or watching movies with the family. She mentioned it to Single Son. The few things that were his were moved to his room. And ... lo! and behold... miracle of miracles ... HALF the crap that belongs to the Wrecking Crew has disappeared, too.
Of course, the fact I told DIL to move it or lose it (literally) may have something to do with that.
Then on Wednesday I'm informed by Single Son at 5 am that the dryer has died. I figured it was on it's last legs only because *someone* overloads both the washer and dryer ... and NEVER empties the lint trap. Do I really need to name names? So ... I leave DIL a note saying "the dryer died a slow and painful death yesterday. She'll be missed". The bitch has the audacity to wake me up at 7:30 am to ask if it's safe to use it. Hello? What about dead are we not understanding? I told her no. She cusses out Single Son, blaming him for the dryer dying. No ... he's the one who emptied the freaking lint trap each time she left the laundry room! I don't understand how one person can be so rough on everything. I had the old washer and dryer for twenty years before the Wrecking Crew moved in. Since then, we go through a washer and dryer every other year!!!
I'm tired of her blaming everyone else.
On Thursday Single Son's girlfriend and I walked down to a neighbor's garage sale. I knew it would be a good one since the couple had lived there for about fifty years. I was hoping they were selling their washer and dryer!! Nope. But they still had some good stuff anyway!! I bought enough that Girlfriend had walk back to the house to get her car!! Even then, we couldn't fit it all in her car!! I bought a bread maker for two bucks, a Xpress Redi Set Go (hot plate sort of thing) for three bucks, leather yarn (yes, leather yarn) for a few bucks and some costume jewelry for a quarter. Oh ... and my great find ... a Singer sewing machine. 1963, in perfect condition ... works well. Even has a cabinet and stool (that I will refinish one of these days). Fifteen bucks.
We couldn't get the sewing machine in the back of the car. I was hoping to wait for Single Son to get home from work so I could use his van, While we waited, Girlfriend helped me clean some of the living room - including about two dozen pairs of shoes belonging to the Wrecking Crew that had been abandoned behind a chair. BUT ... DIL got home first so I asked her if she'd help me go pick it up, but not before "mentioning" that the shoes had to be taken care of ASAP. After a short burst of bad attitude we did go get it. Just in time, too ... some pretty nasty storms looked like they were blowing in. Actually, that was the night of the big tornado over in Dexter. We had barely ten minutes of light rain.
So, got the sewing machine to it's new home. I haven't had a chance to use it other than to test it and play with the tension (that still needs further adjusting). And at least the living room is slowly being reclaimed.
Then on Friday, Singe Son and I went to Home Depot and got some much needed stove burner replacements and new drip pans. The large drip pans are too big, so until I have a car to take them back, I can't use the large burners ... and one of the small burners had so much gunk caked under it from people allowing their pots to over-boil (or not cleaning up spills as soon as they happen) that I've literally been cleaning it for the last two days. Not continuously scrubbing, mind you ... but placing my de-gunking solution and letting it sit for an hour then steel wool scrub until my fingers cramp and start the process all over again. And I refuse to put the burner and pan in until it looks brand new. So ... let her cook with one tiny burner. And she better not make a mess. Or MIL will snap.
*****
Okay, bitching aside. Looks like my car could be repaired soon. Mom's offered to finance repairs. Single Son had been saving for the repairs, but this way we can get it repaired sooner but have to make monthly payments to Mom for a while. Beats having it sit there wasting away.
*****
So ... the empty nest is coming fairly soon. Only it's the wrong person moving out!!! Single Son is leaving the nest to move in with ... are you ready for this ... his fiancee! Yes, he and Girlfriend are engaged!
Now you understand why the need to find her a nickname!!! Motor Mouth seems to come to mind. She talks nonstop and fast!! And she's a pro at topic hopping. It's hard to keep up with her conversations most days!! But, bleeding ears or not ... I do like her!!
*****
Speaking of Empty Nest ... I was talking to Married Son yesterday. Seems DIL called him complaining about the Wicked MIL. He told her to shut up and clean up ... or move out!! I did ask him when he expects to have enough for an apartment for them to move to and was told "screw her. I'm done. The crap I've found out about her while I'm on the road she can move in with her parents.I am not going to pay for HER housing. But don't worry Mom, the way she's talking she won't be there long anyway. She doesn't like your bitching".
Seems Plan B is working!!

crossing my fingers for you! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy ... dryer update. The dryer that DIL had found the deal fell through on. Single Son's girlfriend found a dryer for forty bucks on craigslist. It was local and they were able to pick it up that night. A total of four hours from the time she started looking until it was actually IN my house. Five days for DIL to botch up that deal. You know WHO will be my go-to person when I need to find something fast!! Yup ... Girlfriend ...
ReplyDeletego go gadget girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteGadget ... now that's a possibility for a name for her! Thanks Amy!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you're getting a DIL that you do like, hope he'll be happy!!
ReplyDelete