It's my car, my beloved Sable. Dead. Can't be revived ... well, technically can be revived, but at a cost of just over twice what she's worth. Not something I care to invest in.
I'll miss her.
We have decided to donate her to "Volunteers of America", where they'll work miracles on her, and sell her afterwards. They say the donation of a car, on average, can feed and house a family of three for a few months.
Makes losing her so much easier to bear when I know she'll help someone else.
*****
So ... now what? What will Lisa drive? After lengthy discussions with Single Son we've decided that instead of buying me a new car we'll buy him the new car, I'll use his van. It makes sense. I don't drive that often anymore, where he drives at least thirty-five miles a day, at least six days a week. Get him the new vehicle, something economic on gas. I'll use the van, a gas hog, until such time I find a little car I like and can afford. If he needs the van for anything, then I will use his car. Now, I know you may be thinking "but that was YOUR car, you need to have your own car, girl" ... I agree. However, as I'm undecided as to what type of car I really want next it makes sense this way until I am fully employed and able to make payments (or save for a used car).
*****
I haven't been able to come up with a cute nickname for Single Son's girlfriend, so I'll just be calling her DIL2. Real imaginative, eh? But it works.
I thought she was going to come home with Single Son tonight (that's usually how it works - here on certain days, at her sisters house where she lives on others) ... so I decided I had better eat early. It's not that I wouldn't cook for them both on occasion, but I am on a tight budget and if I cook one meal for two extra people that's two less meals for me. I might not mind if I had more money, but dammit, I'm not cooking for you if you don't bring some groceries with you to replace what you've removed from MY pantry.
It's not Single Son, it's DIL2 in this case. "Hey Mom, what do you want for dinner?" should be an offer to BRING and cook the meal. Not go through my cupboard to see what we can "scratch up" for dinner. It's happened a few times now, enough for me to bring it up to Single Son.
It may say McDonald on my driver's license ... but I sure don't see the Golden Arches sitting outside my front window!
I thought she was going to come home with Single Son tonight (that's usually how it works - here on certain days, at her sisters house where she lives on others) ... so I decided I had better eat early. It's not that I wouldn't cook for them both on occasion, but I am on a tight budget and if I cook one meal for two extra people that's two less meals for me. I might not mind if I had more money, but dammit, I'm not cooking for you if you don't bring some groceries with you to replace what you've removed from MY pantry.
It's not Single Son, it's DIL2 in this case. "Hey Mom, what do you want for dinner?" should be an offer to BRING and cook the meal. Not go through my cupboard to see what we can "scratch up" for dinner. It's happened a few times now, enough for me to bring it up to Single Son.
It may say McDonald on my driver's license ... but I sure don't see the Golden Arches sitting outside my front window!
*****
Speaking of food ... at a garage sale a few weeks ago I bought this:
Speaking of food ... at a garage sale a few weeks ago I bought this:
It's an Xpress Redi, Set, Go grill. I paid a whole three bucks for it. I love it!!!! I seldom use the stove or oven anymore. It's so easy when cooking for one.
Tonight I made some odd concoction. It tasted great, BUT it was a tad on the hot side. Who am I kidding?? Three hours later my tongue still is numb from the jalapenos! Three alarm cuisine at it's finest. LOL!
I took 2 soft tortilla shell, spread a heaping spoonful of Hellagood "buffalo wing" spread on each, placed both bologna and pepperoni slices, onion AND a bit too generous helping of jalapeno (at least ten slices on each) and rolled 'em up. Then I popped the two roll-ups into the Xpress. Four minutes later, the best grilled bologna sandwiches ever. Hotter than hell, but ohhhhhh so good!!
I've made everything from pancakes to Chicken Cordon Bleu, pizza, grilled tuna and more on this thing.
About the only time I need the stove or oven is to heat up soups, or when I bake biscuits. Although, I'm sure I could actually cook biscuits in it, too.
What I really really like is that the one tray in the picture, the double tray ... it's big enough for a serving sized meal, but not too big that I make (and eat) too much food!! Portion control at it's easiest.
*****
Not a lot else going on 'round here, other than some crafting I've been doing. I won't post pics just yet, I'll save that for a later date when I have a few of my projects done. All I will say, at this point, it's all Star Trek crafts I've been working on. Hehehe ...
I know, I'm such a geek!

I know, I'm such a geek!



geek!
ReplyDelete;)
ReplyDelete