KUA

KUA

4/19/12

WARNING ... STAR TREK CONTENT!

So, Amy ... I've done a bit more research. LOL. Had to, Gizmo asked me to figure out our budget for the International Convention (IC). I have a correction to make .. it's in Memphis, not Nashville!

With that in mind, we'll have to figure out our route, and if we'll be close at all to Indiana in any way. If not, I'll have to steal the van from Gizmo and do a day trip to Indiana! Soon. Very soon!

Let's start with the official website, where I gathered most of my information ... LOL ... You may want to show this to Bob. Or not ... he may want to go if he's that big of a Trekkie.

http://www.ic2012.com/

So, there'll be a lot going on in Memphis. Meetings, lectures, food, and shopping ... the last two being those I'm looking forward to the most. I know, ME like shopping, who knew? Actually ... this is shopping at Quarks for Trek items ... what girl doesn't want to shop at Quarks?

Of course, I'll have to do some shopping first. There's a formal Marine dinner. Not the long sequined gowns of the USMC Marine Dinner but STARFLEET Marines (SFMC) dress attire (uniforms). This is a definite case of "I don't have a thing to wear". My old TOS uniform shirt ain't gonna cut it.

*****

I did manage to make a few Star Trek themed things lately. Photos to follow. One is a cell phone case that looks like a TOS communicator, the other is a card/cash case with the ST Command insignia. I've already got three orders from shipmates (chapter members, lol) for a cell phone case, a card case ... and can I make a passport case (easy peasy). All made of plastic canvas.

I was having trouble designing a purse that'll look like a TOS tricorder. I think I finally figured it out.

I was showing Gizmo the drawing I have for the purse (bag for the guys, LOL) when he came up with a great idea. Make the instructions up for them and sell them for a buck or two each at the IC. And include patterns for the cell phone case and card/cash and passport cases. Damn good idea!!

Judging the responses I've had so far just from my own shipmates, they will be a huge hit.

Hey, any way to make a buck, right?? I'll need all the money I can get for Quarks anyway.

*****

Oh oh, gotta scoot. Gadget just knocked on my door ... "Chows on, Mom" ... BBQ chicken here I come!!!

3 comments:

  1. Amy, we DO go right through Nashville ... so we can definitely figure something out in the way of a stop for lunch (or dinner)!!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu mean Louisville? And just to get it off my chest: I hate Quark. All Ferengis, actually, I think someone should fire a photon torpedo up their backsides.

    My mom and Bob are both Trekkies, but not to the point they'd do a convention. Mom reads all teh books and saw all the movies and most of all the series, and Bob made watching Enterprise our Monday "thing" while it was on. he's seen most the reruns of the other series, too, excepting Deep Space Nine, which sucked monkey balls. But neither of them has considered studying klingon or anything. Hold it. actually, I 've never asked Bob that....good, no, he hasn't. There's hope yet! :P

    Love the craft selling ideas...you could really get a good market going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy!! I DO mean Louisville, and yes, we go right through Louisville.

    Hate Ferengi, eh? OMG ... a photon torpedo up their keisters? Now why does that mental image make me giggle so?

    Because I never hid my Nerdiness and love of Star Trek from my college professors I was assigned more than a few papers on Ferengi Business Ethics ... or the Rules of Acquisition.

    I've thought about learning Klingon ... just a few basic words and phrases anyway.

    Whatcha mean there's hope yet? To fully convert them, or un-Trekkie them? Actually, we're gonna be hosting a Regional Convention this fall ... ya'll should day-trip it ... nothing on the IC level, mind you. A lecture, some crafts or take-alongs ... and heaven knows what else we'll have (we're still planning). Get your mom and Bob a taste of STARFLEET without a costly comic con type convention! Yes, I'm in recruit mode ... can you tell? Hehehehe

    I've officially seen all of the episodes of all of the tv shows and movies, even the animated series. Haven't read many books, more audio books than anything else.

    I'm still trying to figure out that one tricorder looking purse. It's got me scratching my head in frustration. I'm not sure how to make it look like a (needlepointed) tricorder yet be a functional purse. I do have pics of it from the net, but I can't figure out how she did it!! Blast her for not including instructions! LOL ...

    ReplyDelete