KUA

KUA

6/7/12

Really?

I'm surrounded by idiots!!

*****

Case in point ... I drink diet soda. Have for years. Gizmo and Gadget run up to the store last night, I asked them to bring home some pop (soda to most of you, LOL). Gizmo actually calls me from the store, "diet or regular, Mt. Dew or store brand?". Hello!?!? Where have you been for the last decade?

Just for giggles, I asked 7 y/o Grandson "what kind of pop does Gramma drink?" He looks at me sort of funny ... "Gramma, you drink Diet Mt Dew. Did you forget that?" Too funny.

It's sad when a 7 y/o knows and a cop (who should be paying attention to details) doesn't.

*****

Next example ... Alien finally had a child support hearing with the court. Seems the sperm donor feels he shouldn't have to pay if he isn't seeing his own kids Partly his fault, but mostly the restraining order that he has against him. Loser is over $10,000 in arrearage and refuses to pay a cent. He did however, ask to see the boys (finally). Supervised visitation is all he gets, an hour a month. Too much time if you ask me ... he's a flight risk with the boys so at least visitation is supervised. The IDIOT moment comes from the drama Alien created whilst looking for a sitter so she could go to the hearing. It was obvious, leave the hubby at home with the kids and go alone. But no ... she turned it into a three ring circus complete with the troop of clowns falling over each other. Ends up she did go alone, left hubby home with the boys. Damn, I could have saved a week of drama if she'd listened to me in the first place.

*****
*****STAR TREK CONTENT*****

And the icing on the IDIOT cake ...

I told you about the Community Walk that my cousin TMACK is organizing a team for, right? Well, I brought it up to Captain of our chapter as a great opportunity to give back to the community. He decides it's the perfect recruiting event for OUR chapter.

NO!! Absolutely not! There's a time to recruit geeks and nerds to our world and there's a time to support charity ... this is a charity event. One that happens to be very close to my heart.

Keep the uniforms, STARFLEET flags, and Star Trek accessories AT HOME. This is THEIR event ... you want to recruit for STARFLEET go to the mall ... the movie theatre ... a comic book store ... or elsewhere. 

Just frosts my arse that he thinks EVERY event is a fully uniformed, recruiting event. I mean ... come on!! He's almost 60 years old ... if he wants to run around town in his uniform, FINE. Just don't show up to an event that isn't about Star Trek or about him in uniform. And ... believe me Captain, there are non-Trekkie events out there. Really.

And after a previous "confidential" conversation we've had ... how his running for Captain of our ship is just a stepping stone, and when his term is up in 2015 he wants to run for Regional Coordinator (RC) and eventually Commander of STARFLEET (CS). That in the meantime he is going to build our membership from the 30+ members we have now into (an unrealistic goal of) 100+ members ... it seems his only intentions are politically motivated and NOT community-involved. After all, we are a non-profit organization that is heavily involved in helping our local communities (and many of those events are NOT uniformed events out of respect for the charities we volunteer for). Oy.

And no ... he'll never get my vote for RC ... or CS, or anything outside of Jefferies Tube Cleaner!

I mentioned this to Gizmo ... after all he is the Chief of Operations of STARFLEET ... and he only chuckled. "Welcome to my nightmare" he says. Thanks for nothing. Actually he did say he'd pull Captain off to the side and explain to him that we're to stay low-key for certain events, this being one that requires we not stand out in the crowd. That it's not always about us ... the event dictates how we act, what we wear, and WHO we support!

He's ticked off more people in his six months of being Captain than Gizmo ever did in his ten years as our Captain. To the point there's talk behind his back about having him removed not only as our Captain but from STARFLEET entirely.

And if he's going to be a spoiled little brat about it ... I'll just forget asking for the support of my ship and do this on my own.



2 comments:

  1. I would be horribly offended if I were at a charity event for something so serious and someone playing dress-up tried to make it about something...well...trivial. I'd totally go off....


    Preaching to the choir, I know. But...wow! Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, riiight? I mean ... come on!! There's a time for dress up, and a time for being serious!!

    I laid in bed last night, wondering what my reaction would be if he suggests we organize a team of our own for the walk and then wear uniforms ... and my decision will stand (although I did stretch the truth a bit and say the organization won't allow it). And I know him well enough to believe he will bring it up at tonight's meeting. NO uniforms. NO banners or flags. NO accessories (he already suggested we wear communication badges at the very least). HELL NO.

    Don't like it ... put on your uniform and go hang around the comic store. Dummy!!

    ReplyDelete