KUA

KUA

1/19/13

Here's Your Sign

Remember Bill Engvall's skit, "Here's Your Sign"? It's been on my mind a lot lately. Why, you ask?

Here's a few recent examples of what I'm talking about ...

This morning I mentioned that since Monday is MLK Day and the banks won't be open I'll need to use the van on Tuesday to do my banking so I can pay my bills this week. Gadget makes some off-handed comment that "I'll see if I can rush through my three doctors appointments so you can bank."
Me: "You don't understand, if I don't pay my student loan on time they'll repossess my degree"
Gadget: "Oh, that's not good. I'll make sure you get the van to go to the bank. Don't want them to repossess your degree."


(and why three doctors? I have no idea, she treats everything like it's top secret stuff. I'm hoping at least one - or more - of them is a psychiatrist!)

HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!

*****


The other day when the garbage disposal quit working I had asked Gizmo if he'd hit the reset button. He reaches for the wall switch and turns it on. A weak grrrrrr from the disposal "Yup, I just did and it still doesn't work".

(So much for his membership in the High IQ Society).
 
HERE'S YOUR SIGN!

*****


And that's just the icing on the cake!! I'll spare you the rest, only because the tic in my eye has finally stopped, and reliving it here may get it going again.

*****

Or Like Alien just posted on facebook ... "Common sense isn't a gift, its a punishment. We who have it, get to deal with people who dont" ... Story of my life.

*****

 Well, off to do some organizing in the "office". I've been putting it off for a few days. It's time I get off my butt ...


No comments:

Post a Comment