KUA

KUA

1/17/13

Seriously?

Since when do we drop ice cream on the counters and the floor and walk away from it?

For a week now I've been finding the counters gross with ice cream. Worst yet was not seeing it on the floor and literally sticking to it in my brand new fuzzy socks.

Care to guess who the guilty party is? Hint: it's a "she" and she eats the jumbo sized "gallon plus a quart" in two days time.

That's a lot of spills left ignored on my counters!

Yet to say something to the "he" half of this arrangement only gets me a "you need to relax, geesh". 

And that's just the highlight of the last few days around here ... broken garbage disposal due to trying to "over-feed" it (doih, there IS a reset button, USE IT! Geesh) and the drama of the power outage in their bedroom. Turns out to not be a blown fuse at all, but someone turned off the wall switch - making the outlet inoperable. Doih moment number ??? I lost count of all the doih moments here!!

*****

Calgon take me away. Far away!!

Or maybe I should start video recording this stuff? There aren't many who believe half of the stuff I blog about unless they see it for their own eyes ... or it might be worth the $10,000 grand prize winner on AFV.

Never know!!

*****

The good news is, Boss Man found some money and was able to pay me for what he owed me for last week. The bad news is, there's no income for this pay period which ends tomorrow, so this will be my payless week (or he'll pay me when he's got paying runs). At least with a little advance warning, I can prepare for it by stocking up on at least an extra week's worth of food.


January and the first part of February are typically slower for expedite shipping. Much slower.

 I definitely won't starve!! Thanks to Meijer's and their "ten for ten dollars, get the 11th item free" and a butt load of coupons I have. Of course, there's a few more ramen noodles, store brand hot dogs (yuck) and chef boy-ar-dee on the menu. Healthy stuff. NOT!

Times like these, I really have to thank my Gigi for teaching me the value of a good sale, and how to make the most of what's in the pantry.Not to mention her teaching me to save for a rainy day (or in this case, the rainy day being bill paying day, LOL). No bills will be late thanks to Gigi's methods!!

Gotta love that she always had a story to share about the Great Depression and how they survived it.

*****


 Guess that's all for now.

Gonna really try to keep this blogging thing up, even if it's only once a week ... once a week is better than once a month!!

*****

Just do me a favor, will ya? Can you all check in below in the comments area? I'm not sure who is reading. Or if like around the Looney Bin, I'm just talking to myself!!!!

Thanks!!


3 comments:

  1. Consider me checking in....For whatever reason, your blog doesn't "update" on my reading list so I have to remember to track you down...and sometimes it takes a few days.

    Seems like your kids gravitate towards less than neat partners, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em ... not sure what's going on. None of the blogs I follow update either. Grrrrrrr.

    Yup, I do think you're onto something here, Em!! They seem to all attract pretty odd "strays".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete