KUA

KUA

1/3/13

Long Overdue Post ...

Happy New Year!!

What an ending to last year, and to the incoming New Year.

Been lots going on here. Where to start?

Christmas went well for the most part. Got all I asked for, and then some. My cousin MMcB hosted dinner this year. Amazing ... the McB side of the family has never ever hosted a holiday meal. Now they'll be hosting 'em all. I don't think they know it yet. LOL.

*****

A few days after Christmas (Friday, Dec. 28), DIL moved out with Grandson. She'll soon be called XDIL, that is if I ever blog about her again. I don't anticipate it, but you never know. But then again, the way she's lied about the last week when she's here to get her property I don't expect her to play nice through the coming months.

She called Married Son tonight and told him I was hovering over her while she was packing up Grandsons toys tonight. Um ... not hovering (exactly) ... we talked the entire time she was packing up his stuff, and I even offered her use of my flashlight when something of Grandson's fell behind the desk. When she went to her room to get some of her stuff packed, I came into my room ... now how's that hovering? However, when it comes to the furniture in Grandson's room I will be watching ... it's MY furniture and DIL hasn't exactly respected any of my belongings in the 7 1/2 years she lived here!! I worry when she takes the bed out (it belongs to them) next week that she won't give a damn and damage my furniture! Why would she respect my forty-five year old bedroom furniture when she's moving out? 

I can't wait until her crap is all gone, and I don't have to deal with her anymore. But, we've known for years how I feel about her anyway. All I can say is good riddance.

Oh, and Married Son does plan on staying here at least during the divorce, possibly afterwards. He's planning on suing for custody. He's working towards being at home all the time, hiring drivers to do all the road work, while he does things that'll keep him local and home every night by dinner time. Which means if he's working, having a live-in Grandma to watch Grandson while he's working will be an asset.

*****

I need a new name for Married Son!! I have no idea what ... Gizmo was Single Son's nickname when he was little ... talking to Married Son he said he'd kill me (not really!) if I used his childhood nickname as his blog name ... Goober!! He suggested Boss Man, but I don't know about that one. Guess it's better than Married Son when he'll soon enough be divorced.

*****

Not much going on with Gizmo ... Gadget is still around and still trying to be the "lady of the house". At least she does their dishes (half the time anyway), doesn't leave laundry laying in the bathroom, doesn't miss the trash with her lady supplies, etc. Gizmo is talking about moving out towards the end of the summer. In the meantime he's got a bunch of fix-up projects he's doing around here, starting with the family room - paint, new flooring, the works. The first coat of paint is up, the old carpet is out (it was here when I moved in 18 years ago, and badly needed to be replaced). Now that the holidays are over the project can continue.

*****


Alien is also talking about 2013 being the year of the divorce. I told her I will help with the boys, but not with finances or with a roof over their heads. Her Papa (my ex father in law) has given her the house she lives in now, under a few conditions. She has to have a job to pay the bills, a reliable car to get her to work, dump the loser (his words) and fix up the house (he'll pay for materials and help with the work). She has to keep it up for five years, then he'll sign the house over to her free and clear.

*****

It looks like things will pull together this year. Finally!! Is it possible this is the year the nest finally empties?

Like they say at the end of those old time soap operas ... "Tune in next week when we find out if our young starlette's dreams come true" Okay, fine ... not so young ...

2 comments:

  1. Goodness such a lot going on......I hope you keep writing cause it still does sound like a soap opera but hopefully one that goes better than on TV. I'm thinking its too bad you didn't major in paralegal studies as there seems to be a need for legal services in your family ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Em! Paralegal services .... It would be a full time job around here, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete