KUA

KUA

11/22/12

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. Hope your holiday was as enjoyable as mine.

Married Son let me borrow the work van so I had a ride to the Country Club for our Thanksgiving dinner.


Yes, country club ... only the second time in my life I've ever been to one! While the first one I'd been to was extremely stuffy, this C.C. was anything but stuffy. Except if you were one of the dozens of stuffed and mounted animal heads on the walls.

My folks, Brother Deere, Aunt Silly and Uncle Pain were there. As were about two hundred other diners, I could barely hear Aunt Silly at the other end of the table. She's so soft spoken normally, making it harder to hear her over the noise.

Very enjoyable evening. I ordered their "Wild Thang Appetizer platter". According to their website,
"An adventurous sampling of spicy venison sausage, rabbit ravioli, duck tenders, whitefish pate and BBQ buffalo balls".
And to clarify (Em!!) that's buffalo meat balls!!I also enjoyed their house salad, topped with walnuts and goat cheese. Dessert was topped of with a chocolate mousse.


The view I had, on the wall just above our table was a stuffed buffalo head. This sort of stuff doesn't bother me in the least, until my mom pointed out "you're eating buffalo balls, and he's staring down at you". LOL, thanks Mom .... carry out container please!!!

 And the best part ... totally drama free!!!

Hoping ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment