Okay, not really, but they leave me no choice.And since I have no choice in this ... I may as well be the best textbook example of MIL from Hell that I can be!!
*****
Gizmo and I were talking just a little while ago. I reminded him of a Skype meeting we have tonight at 8 PM. Out of no where Gadget barks "we're going to bed early". WTF does that have to do with the 8 PM meeting? So, I snapped. Said exactly that. "What does that have to do with the meeting starting at 8?" Now she's all mad at me because I snapped at her. To the point her bottom lip was quivering the last fifteen minutes of Gizmo's and my conversation.
And, I really could care less.
Does that make me heartless? Or just fed up with it all?
*****
Before her lip started quivering we were talking about things that still need to be done around the house. Gadget goes so far as to say "that's not mine, it's DILs and I'm not touching it. I'm not doing anything that someone else should be responsible for".
So much for family helping each other out. Not around here. But then, DIL has been practicing that policy for how long now?
*****
She has no idea the sacrifices *I* make for their sake ... the giving without expecting jacksquat in return. Okay, I do expect certain things ... one being to be responsible for yourself, your possessions and to contribute to the smooth running of this FAMILY unit.
Do I get it? NO. We all know what I get in return. You only have to read back a few blog entries to know what I get in return!!
*****
And not a twinkie to be found to help me cope!! ;)
Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm lost who are gizmo and gadget? LOL Which ones? haha
ReplyDeleteGizmo was previously known as Single Son ... Gadget is his highly dysfunctional girl friend. LOL. I changed his name back when it looked like he wouldn't stay single for much longer. LOL.
ReplyDelete