KUA

KUA

11/2/12

Halloween


Halloween went pretty good.

No one thought to buy candy, so I had to make a mad last minute run up to the store for at least a bag of candy for the little ghosts and goblins who would within an hour be pounding down the door. I only bought one large bag of candy. I ran out half way through the two hours of trick or treating. Oops!!

Which brings me to wonder, why am I the only one to even care about this stuff? And ... I make a mere fraction of what these clowns pull in yet I'm the ONLY one who had money for candy? Or much of anything else. WTF do they spend their paychecks on? Sure isn't things that are needed for the house.

Grrrrrrr ...

So anyway ...

My mom bought costumes for Alien's boys. A cute skeleton costume for Butterball and a bee costume for JR. We had problems connecting to get the costumes to the boys, so at noon on Halloween we all met up here at my house. Alien had the day off, so we surprised my mom with her being here with the boys.

And what a hoot the boys were!! JR jumped in my mom's van like he'd been doing it all of his life (he'd never been in it before, and barely recognized my mother at first, LOL). But he was all about that van!! He climbed in the back and planted his fanny in one of the seats. I think he thought he was going for a ride with his "Gigi". He actually had to be pulled out of the van when "Gigi" was ready to leave, he sure wasn't going to leave otherwise!!

I had given Butterball a tin of Altoids with only about a dozen of the candies in it. They sure love their (my) Altoids, and will actually go in my purse to where they know I keep the tin. But I was way ahead of them this day!! I handed a nearly empty tin to Butterball and he proceeded to open it and give one not only to his brother, but to Gigi, too. He sure loves to share.

*****

Alien's job is going well. She's loving it, and will be working full time as soon as a slot for a full timer opens up (expected to happen within the next week or so). Until then, her manager has her working full shifts anyway.

*****

Around here, there are certain people that get upset if I don't immediately do something I promise to do (which I don't do often, for obvious reasons), but if I ask "the next time you go to the store can I come along", or "can you pick me up this or that, here's enough money to cover the cost" ... I GET NO RESULTS.

I really wanted (needed) to go to the thrift store for a new pair of pants earlier in the week, and somehow was forgotten when Gadget ran to the same thrift store that only the day before she had promised to take me with her.

And this isn't the first time she's done this to me, either. In fact, every time I ask to tag along, she's forgotten!! Or so she claims.

I also don't understand how someone who needs to be in control as much as Gadget does, seeks my approval so often. "Mom, I did the dishes", "Mom I took the trash out".

You don't know how bad I want to give her a gold star every time she says "Mom, I did ... "

I just don't understand the extremes this one displays.

***** STAR TREK CONTENT *****

It's been about six months since I took over being "Captain" of our "ship" ... six months of planning and reorganizing things. Six busy months, and I'm enjoying every minute of it for the most part. I do delegate a lot to other members, so I'm not overwhelmed ... and it's getting more members involved in the club. I still need more involvement, but it's slowly happening. My goal is to be the best chapter in our region. It's not that far-reaching of a goal either, our region isn't the most active within STARFLEET, so being number one is just a matter of more member involvement. We're only "competing" against one other chapter ... a Canadian chapter, one that has a lot of activities and member activity. It's a friendly competition, since this is the chapter not only one of our closest friends, the of the Commander of STARFLEET, but a few others of our best Trekkie buddies!!

The chapter that Gizmo helped start up in Escanaba may be breaking up already. Politics, nothing more than politics. Their captain is a young kid, a dyed in the wool trekkie ... but he's not happy with the way the chapter is going. Nor are his chapter members happy with the way he runs things with his over-bearing often childish fits if he doesn't get his way, so there's another mutiny in the works with a vote of no confidence upcoming.

This young lad doesn't want someone else running his chapter, so he's pushing for disbanding. He even called me and asked if I would have a problem with him recommending his members join our chapter way down here in the Lower Peninsula!! Hello? We're eight or more hours away and you want them in MY chapter? Sure why not. I need more correy (correspondence) members. NOT. I need people who can actually attend meetings. Oh well, what's a dozen more members who live too far away to attend much of anything? We've already got members in Wyoming, Indiana, and Canada ... what's a few yuppers (residents of Michigan's Upper Peninsula) gonna hurt?

Actually, now that I think about it, they have a few members that, although far away, would be a great asset to our chapter. Their enthusiasm and willingness to get involved would be welcomed, even if only online or on Skype!!

So, now we wait to see if they'll disband and join our chapter, or if they decide to try to work out the problems they're having with an over-enthusiastic often overbearing "captain".

***** END OF STAR TREK *****

Not a whole lot else going on here tonight. Quiet. Gadget and Gizmo are sleeping, DIL is still at work, Grandson is at his other grandmother's house, and Married Son just left this morning after a much needed week at home.

I'm enjoying the quiet, even if it's 1 AM!! Gonna go watch some Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on Netflix now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment