KUA

KUA

10/25/12

Yay Alien!!



So, Alien got the job at the Salvation Army store.

After the initial interview she was hired, but would have to attend the orientation in Detroit. I thought for sure she'd say she couldn't make it, it was too far for her car to make it (which is true). But ... and I'm sooo proud of her for this ... she called my ex father in law, her grandfather, and explained the situation to him. He volunteered to take her all the way down to Detroit. Bless his heart!

So ... she starts tomorrow. First day on the sales floor. Should be interesting. She's never worked in a service job before, but I'm sure she'll be okay. After all, she IS outgoing, friendly and helpful (she's MY kid, what can I say?). I believe she'll be a natural at it. And she does pick up on things quickly, so I'm sure she'll be fast to learn all the departments they have. Oh, they guarantee her 30 hours a week! Cool!!

I did notice, though, that on facebook she made a request for a babysitter, saying she didn't want the boys to be exposed to the crap at home alone with their father (or something to that effect). She has offered to pay a small wage to whomever takes her up on sitting.

I have NOT offered to watch them. Nor will I. If she asks, that's different, but dammit, I'm not offering. And IF she should ask, there'll be stipulations ... like the boys must arrive bathed and in clean clothes (they often look like "mud-babies" when they come over) ... and she's to pack a meal for them (or provide ingredients so Gramma can make lunch or dinner) ... and if I have use of a vehicle for the day she's to leave their car seats in case I decide we need to go out for the day.

So, we'll see where the sitting ends up. Personally I'd prefer to do it rather than see their impatient and somewhat rough (and abusive) step father watch them.

I know, I know ... I said I wouldn't help her out. But, this IS for my grandsons health and well being, and I'm not contributing financially - she'll have to pay ME (even a few dollars a week) ... nor will they be living here, lol ...

So long as she asks .... I AM NOT OFFERING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment