*****
Talking to Married Son last night on the phone, complaining how hard it is to get anyone here to cooperate, even so much as to borrow a vehicle to get my prescription refills he interrupts me with "calm down Mom, I'll be pulling into our driveway around noon tomorrow, I'll get you where you need to go". And he did!! Four days on the road and then four hours running around with me doing MY errands.
What's wrong with this picture? Why does he need to spent yet MORE time on the road when there's three other adults and three vehicles here that should be at my disposal.
And I do appreciate it.
Our first stop was the quickest stop I've ever made at the grocery store. In and out in fifteen minutes! Second stop, my folks house, took a lot longer. But we enjoyed the visit ... and I know my folks enjoyed seeing Married Son.
Mom had a few bags and boxes of goodies that needed to be picked up. A goodie bag for Alien and the boys, and two boxes of food for me. Funny thing about the food ... Mom's always trying one diet or the other, this time it was Nutrisystems, and she absolutely hated the food. So ... waste not, want not her mother used to say. I haven't tried any of the foods yet, so we'll see how I like it or not.
It's not often I question my father ... but WTH? He has this new 5 in 1 printer ... and absolutely insists that the FAX machine stay connected. However, anyone that calls into the house gets that nasty computer tone whenever the phone is picked up!! No getting around it. I actually started an argument with Daddy about how it's NOT necessary to keep the freaking fax plugged in all the time!! What makes this sadder, he never gets any faxes!! Just a lot of pissed off people when they try to call.
Married Son unplugged it at my Mom's request. We'll see how long that lasts.
*****
So, the food is all put up in the cupboards. I had to pretty much rearrange the entire cupboard, and I still ran out of room for all the food! Ended up cleaning that little drawer under the oven. It's cram packed with packages of food.
Since I usually store my griddle (GRIDDLE, not girdle, Amy) in that drawer, I had to reorganize another cupboard to HIDE my griddle in. And why hide it? When I opened the drawer it was obvious someone had used my griddle without my consent ... there were scratches on the non-stick surface that weren't there when I used it last and there was pancake batter caked in the crevices of the griddle.
There's a certain person that did ask once, a few months back, if she could use the griddle. I told her yes, but use the black nylon spatula on it. I got distracted (as I often do) and when I turned back around she's just about to put a black handled metal spatula to it!! Practically ripping it from her hands, and telling her "you don't listen, do you?" I put the proper spatula in her hand and stood over her like a mommy stands over their kid the first time they cook.
So ... it doesn't take Sherlock to figure out who helped themselves to something that doesn't belong to them (and misused it) ...
And the gods help her if she even so much as touches any of that food I just put away.
*****
Had a great time with Married Son, even if it was running around doing errands. Had time to talk uninterrupted. Well, when that phone of his wasn't beeping some incoming text or call. Every two minutes!
He had a novel idea on how to handle Gadget next year (gawd forbid she's still under my roof and skin next year) ... as I'm getting my small container vegetable garden together, to take her by the hand, lead her to the backyard and say to her "if you want any produce, grow your own. Pick a corner, any corner ... and have at it".
Think it'd work?
Me neither.
*****
Well crap ... there was something else I wanted to say. Can't for the life of me think what it could have been.
*****
Oh ... question ... I'm wondering about all the pictures I have linked in my multiply blogs. When I exported them to blogger, they still work. Will that end, will those links be broken once multiply goes through "the change"? I'm sure not looking forward to re-adding all those pictures if that's the case.
Just curious.
No comments:
Post a Comment