KUA

KUA

10/14/12

Beam Me Up Scotty!!



There's no intelligent life around here.

Really.

*****

We had a power failure last night. It lasted about seven and a half hours - starting around 2:30 am. The first ten minutes of it, Gadget comes practically barging into my bedroom "OMG, are you alright?" Hello?!?! This isn't my first power failure baby, won't be my last either. We have power failures. Lots of them. Last night's was the third in three weeks. Really. I can handle it. I don't need someone hovering over me "do you need a flashlight", "don't move until I get a light in here" ... and on and on.

STFU!! I've lived here 18 years, I can find my way in the dark, really. Well, I could IF you'd get out of my way. Oy!! Let me get the candle off the shelf across the room. I can do this myself. TYVM.

*****

At least the power failure was a nice reprieve from the STARFLEET drama I'd been dealing with up until the lights (and internet) went out.

Oh, I should probably insert here ...

STAR TREK CONTENT

Our ship ... chapter ... club ... whatever ... has about 25 active members, about as many inactive members, but the inactives aren't the drama. Seems we have one member, who happens to live in Wyoming (yes, WYOMING, not even in our "region") and loves to cause drama. When Gizmo was the Commander he appointed this man, whom I'll call SS (his initials, lol), to the position of "Marine OIC (Officer in Charge). Although he happens to hold other STARFLEET positions, including "Office of Recognition" of the STARFLEET Academy. I should probably also mention that SS has never attended a meeting, I've never met this man face to face. He's been pestering me for months that we need to make ALL meeting Skype meetings for those who live too far away to attend. It does sound like a good idea, only ... don't talk the topic to death. I heard you, I responded (we're looking into it) now be patient.

My XO sent an email reminding all senior officers that their "reports" were due by 5 pm the day of the meeting. FN, our Science Officer who usually attends meeting couldn't make it so he emailed his report to me, the XO and the rest of the senior officers. Here's where the drama starts ... the Science Officer sent in Academy results for every member who had Academy activity this month. Technically that should have been SS's job, only SS never reports anything to me or my XO!!

AND SS didn't like that!! A series of emails (six all told, CCed to me and Gizmo) between my XO and SS ... bitching up a storm saying that this is his "job" not FNs to report. But he's "not jealous" ... bullpucky. The way he's carrying on reminds me of a spoiled child who isn't getting his way. And the name calling he did in his emails towards FN was not called for!!

I must commend XO for handling it for me, he did superb in telling SS to basically stuff it without actually saying stuff it. After pointing out where SS has never turned in a senior officer report, nor awarded certificates and recognition awards from STARFLEET he stood firm in "my original orders to FN stand, he will be submitting the Academy reports".

SS's response was nothing but a series of excuses as to why he's accomplished nothing. Oh, and each one still managed to bring up the Skype topic, too. Oy!

Senior Officers are APPOINTED by the Captain ... and I'm seriously contemplating removing him from Marine OIC. You can't play nice and get along with your little friends (and be grateful someone else is doing a very labor intensive report), then you can sit by yourself at recess ...

This isn't what I expected when I ran for XO back in 2011. But then, I didn't expect the crew to mutiny to have the Captain removed, and I'd be the new Captain.

I can't wait to see what 2013 brings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment