Married Son left two days ago, headed towards Iowa with a delivery. How he does it in the little cargo van is beyond me. There's no bed, like in the semi truck ... and he sleeps in the vehicle. He seems fine with it, though.
But the day he left, I haven't been out of the house since. Not that I haven't tried!! Gizmo is leaving his van at work, says that he can't afford gas this week (and his boss will let him bring the fedex truck home) ... so no van for me to drive. Forget my offer to pay for the gas I use, it's fallen on deaf ears.
And there's no way in hell I'm driving that death trap that Gadget drives!! Last time I did drive it - about three months ago - one of the tires blew up on me!! Thankfully it was fifteen feet from the driveway on my way back home after running my errands. However, I'll walk somewhere before I use that death trap again!!
And ... Married Son's last trip home, a vehicle appears on my driveway. Out of nowhere, no clue as to where it came from. Turns out he bought it for DIL ... only it's not road ready yet (lots of things to fix, plus plate and insure it) and when I asked today to borrow the truck she usually drives I get the same ol' out of gas crap that Gizmo says.
However, I DID manage to talk DIL into a little side trip for me in the "illegal" vehicle, since she was taking it to her father's house anyway to have him start repairs on it.
DIL helped me out ... and it only cost me a buck and change (plus the money I gave her to get my needed items from the store). Change that went into Grandson's piggy bank even.
And I made sure to let her know how much I appreciated her help.
*****
I've been asked by Son to start looking for a used vehicle that I want. Whatever I choose, it's going to have to be something that'll embarrass Gizmo so badly he'll never ever consider asking to borrow it. And borrowing whatever my vehicle will be is out of the question. Not only my decision, but Son's decision, too ... he knows how rough his brother is on vehicles. In fact, Son is the one who suggested I get a pink vehicle ... or something equally embarrassing for a male to drive ... lol!! But no matter what I end up with, there's no way Gizmo will ever sit in the driver's seat!!
*****
So, I mentioned something about those nutri-systems meals my mother gave me. Some of the meals I've tried are good. Like the prepared dinners such as the flat-bread pizza, pasta meals, and a few of the soups. Some are just okay, like the "chocolate" snacks and some of the soups. Avoid the breakfast foods at all costs, I've learned!! Their version of Cherrios lack sadly, although I have to admit the squirrels loved when I emptied all of the cherrio and whole grain cereal packets into the squirrel feeder.
No comments:
Post a Comment