KUA

KUA

11/15/12

Same ol', same ol'

And I don't see it changing soon enough.

I ran into Gadget's son at the store tonight. We got to talking. I found out he's got no use for his own mother. Sad. But I can understand. I really can.

Through our conversation, though, he said that he'd love to be able to call me "grandma", since he likes me so much. I told him no problem, but if anyone asks he's my nephew, NOT my grandson (or soon to be grandson IF Gadget and Gizmo ever marry). LOL. No ... seriously, I'd be honored if he calls me Grandma. He's a good kid, and anyone would be proud to call him Grandson!!

Too bad his mother treats him like crap.

Sad thing is, Gadget has family. They're totally dysfunctional. I think I mentioned it in a past blog.

There's been developments here in the last two weeks ... let me set this up for you ... Gadget went to work at the same Arby's that DIL is a shift manager at. All went well for, oh, about the first day or two according to DIL. Apparently Gadget doesn't want to work for her paycheck and the managers pretty much had to babysit her. Skip ahead a few weeks (to last week) ... Gadget is working a four hour shift (no breaks for a four hour work day), and asks the manager on duty if she can go have a quick ciggie. I must add here that Michigan is one of many states that has strict public smoking laws. No smoking in any establishment that sells food or beverages. Anyway ... The manager says no ciggie break, they're preparing for a rush and need her at her station. Gadget asks of she can at least go to the bathroom then ... manager says sure, just be quick about it. After a few minutes, Manager herself heads to bathroom only to bust Gadget hiding in a corner, propping open the rear lobby door for ventilation and SMOKING in the building!! And there were customers in the lobby who could easily see her doing this!!! A quick clearing of the throat to inform Gadget she's been busted and she immediately denies that she was smoking!! Hello? Busted dead to rights, and you're still gonna LIE about it?

Oh, it gets better. She quits that job via a text the day after that ... didn't even have the maturity to show up at work to hand in her uniform and say she quit!! She texts it to the same manager who busted her. Now, I'm sure they're all doing the happy dance at her quitting, but that's beside the point.

One of the first things she's done since quitting is to talk to a lawyer. Seems she's suing both Arby's and DIL for "tarnishing her image" (her words) ... excuse me? DIL wasn't involved in this at all, except for being on clock at the time it happened!! She was NOT the manager in charge that day!! I won't even get into that whole "tarnishing" thing ... you reap what you sow ... oy vey!!

Now, we know I'm not DILs biggest fan, but geesh. This is madness. And it's causing so much tension in the house.

And where did she get the money to hire a lawyer? Oh yeah ... Gizmo!!

Talking to Gadget's son ... it doesn't surprise him. "Easy money, Grandma, that's all she wants is easy money. Too bad Gizmo will be screwed in the process."

And she wonders why her family doesn't get along? I guess they're all the same way (according to my adult "grandson") ... they'd sue their own mothers for no reason. Heaven knows this one doesn't think twice about suing her own sister-in-law-to-be. In-law ... yipes, we can only hope that never happens!!

***** STAR TREK CONTENT *****

We had our monthly meeting last week. Logan's Roadhouse. Five and a half of us attended. Yes, half ... one of the members, my "XO", his two year old daughter. So ... we all order at the same time.

The youngsters (Gadget, Gizmo, XO and the Cadette) get their food and start eating without us. Mine came a few minutes after theirs did, and "F"s didn't come at all!!

Now, "F" is a grown man ... speaks very loudly ... but won't complain about his meal not showing up!! After about fifteen minutes I flagged down our waitress and brought to her attention that we were still missing one meal. "I'm sorry, I'll bring it right out" and disappeared. Five minutes later she's waiting on the table next to us, "F"s plate still missing. I went into action. Yes, me. I have to watch out for my crew - besides, I am not shy about complaining about bad service, and this service was BAD! I get the same thing from the floor manager "I'll bring it right out".

Fifteen minutes later still no plate for "F" and now my food has grown cold!!

Hey, my mom raised me to eat only after everyone has been served!! And I did exactly that. Sad thing is I raised Gizmo that way, too, but he rushed right into his food. Bad boy!!

Now, hunting down the store manager was a difficult task. Finally, there she is. I explained once again how "F" had not received his meal, and mine was growing cold thanks to so much inaction over the matter. She says to me "I'll deliver it immediately" HOLD IT!! I've heard those words before and I told her so!! I also asked for an explanation ... they dropped "F"s plate on the floor!! They had to wait for more to come out of the oven (thanks for telling us that from the start!!) - and here it is, the dinner rush and they're out of that item? Talk about bad planning!! So, she keeps good to her word and has his dinner plate right out to the table. He's got a nice hot plate and mine is cold!! The manager offered to warm it up, but I declined. I hate mashed potatoes that have been nuked.

Oh, and the dish we waited on?? Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. That's what we both ordered. At least she had the sense to comp our dinners, mine and "F"s both (since I was eating cold food now).

And no, we'll not be eating at that Logan's Roadhouse again. The service has gone downhill slowly over the year we'd been going there. The meatloaf was the icing on that cake.

We're not sure where next year's meetings will be, but we have time to scope out new meeting/dinner places. Winter is coming and our next four monthly meetings will all be on Skype. We do that so no one will have to worry about missing a meeting in the event it's snowing out.

Now it's worrying about planning the Christmas party, then we'll worry about meeting locations.

***** end of STAR TREK content *****

So, that's it in a nutshell ... same ol' crap, just a different day.

Beam me outta here!!

1 comment:

  1. This is the last blog I read until now. Via really thought you decided you just didn't want to blog. I'm sorry I wasn't here to be a shoulder for you...you probably thought I was ignoring you or something! If it happens again, send me a note or email and ask if I'm getting your posts. Now to figure out why I am just now seeing them. And to ask a couple others if they are not posting or just I am not seeing them. But I see Em's so...?

    ReplyDelete