1) I keep telling myself to take a deep breath, classes will be over next week and all these group activities will be over. Then again, my luck, next semester will bring new opportunities to work in group projects in class. Have I mentioned how much I hate group projects?
2) Had to go to Downtown Detroit today. Took Mom with me. A year and a half in the works and now my bankruptcy is all but done. One final step and I'll be free of those medical bills and credit cards my ex dumped on me.
3) While we were driving through the downtown area, I had to be glad that Helen and I met in Chicago. The part of Detroit we were in I didn't feel comfortable in at all. There's no way I'd have felt comfortable walking around after dark like we did in Chi. Mom was pretty sad about the condition of the city. She grew up very close to Downtown and worked there for years ... it's sadly decayed from those days. Even with the current efforts to improve the city it's got a long way to go before I'd consider going back down there if I don't need to.
4) All's not quiet on the DIL front. Married Son and Grandson were over yesterday while DIL was at work. I got another ear-full from him. He's not happy in the marriage, and admits that the marriage may end if she doesn't stop thinking of only herself. How she thinks she's going to dictate the rules in my home. How she pisses away money on needless crap - all the while bitching about how he needs to work more hours so she can have spending money. I guess the fact Married Son works his ass off means nothing to her?
5) All the while Grandson was enjoying sliding down the stairs - something DIL forbids him from doing ... being a little boy and belly sliding down the stairs. Or getting dirty ... or running around chasing Ringo.
6) I've mentioned DIL hates my cat, Ringo. The feeling is mutual. He goes into hiding when she's over - but will come out of hiding when Grandson is around. He loves that kid with a passion and let's Grandson do anything and everything to him. So, why does she hate Ringo? Who knows?! He's got a problem with nibbling, as in if you stop petting him before he's had enough, he will nibble your hand until you start petting him again. I hear it's something that Maine Coon's are famous for. Anyway ... he doesn't bite hard, but by the way DIL reacts you'd think he's out for blood. To the point she swore to Married Son that the first thing that cat does wrong she'll drop him off at the shelter (the one that's known for distroying their *surplus* animals). Oh, and as far as she's concerned all Ringo needs to do wrong is walk into the room she's in. Of course, Married Son's reaction was "if that cat disappears, you will, too. Got that?"
7) WTF am I getting myself into? Besides a battle of wits for the next six months to year ... I'm not sure. In a sick way I think I'm going to enjoy this. Putting my foot down and showing her who is boss really is (and it ain't her) ... lol. And I'm sure Pengy will enjoy the blog value of this whole experience. LOL!
8) And just to top it off, it looks like the Gremlin is back!! Missing from my kitchen - two pounds of coffee, a container of creamer, a bottle of lemon juice ... and two boxes of trash bags. I found the coffee in Single Son's room right next to his two cup coffee maker. Hmmmm, but where is the creamer? I don't have a problem with sharing the groceries I buy with him ... but damn, leave it in the kitchen for all of us to use! He says he has no idea how it ended in his room. Could be, He does things half asleep that I've witnessed that he has no recollection of later. No biggie. At least, too, if the coffee disappears again I know where to look. LOL. Now to figure out where the rest of the stuff went.
9) OH!! Remember the call I blogged about? The one that said that "J" got some girl pregnant? Yup ... prank! And ... you're gonna LOVE this ... I found out who did it. ALIEN!! She and a friend of her's were bored. Knowing I don't have caller ID on the house phone she put him up to the call. BRAT!! Paybacks are a bitch!
10) Well, damn. I had a tenth thought. It seems to have vanished.
hate to say it, but that was really clever of the alien....!
ReplyDelete1. Not long to go..
ReplyDelete2. Wohoo that will be something you dont have to worry about.
3. Thats what Chris's mom felt like when we went into downtown Ohio.. same sort of thing I couldnt believe how deserted it was.
Chicago is clean and seemed very safe
and detroit was gonna keep me prisoner too lol am gald we met in chicago too
ReplyDelete4,5,6,7....Oh man sounds like you have some not so fun times ahead of you yikes!
8. Ohh I used to sleepwalk mabe thats what happened to all my missing stuff its all in safe places lmao.
9 . what a brat! lmao