Sad thing is, Helen, it's true ... I deleted a NY Times report on the City of Pontiac (I'll have to see if I can find it again). Sad, so very sad. And every bit of it true. What people don't realize if the car makers fail so will small businesses all through the country - the companies that make carpet used in cars (auto makers are the single biggest carpet purchasers), auto glass makers, plants that make plastics and metal pellets that are melted into the molds that make automobiles, and on and on. It's not just Detroit, it's a national problem!
I live 20 minutes outside Detroit, Thanks for the tune and isn't it the truth!
ReplyDeleteIts the truth...
ReplyDeleteSad thing is, Helen, it's true ... I deleted a NY Times report on the City of Pontiac (I'll have to see if I can find it again). Sad, so very sad. And every bit of it true. What people don't realize if the car makers fail so will small businesses all through the country - the companies that make carpet used in cars (auto makers are the single biggest carpet purchasers), auto glass makers, plants that make plastics and metal pellets that are melted into the molds that make automobiles, and on and on. It's not just Detroit, it's a national problem!
ReplyDelete