KUA

KUA

2/18/09

In Economic Vice, Pontiac (Michigan) Struggles - New York Times Video

I had originally posted this and then deleted it a few days ago. I decided it's worth reposting.

This is a sad documentary of the area I live in. The place I call home. I was raised here. I've never lived anywhere else. I almost abandoned my home in search of greener pastures. I cannot leave. I do not want to leave. This is home. It's worth staying. Worth fighting for. Worth saving.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/02/15/business/20090215_pontiac_multimedia/index.html

Please be sure to watch all three parts of the video.

There is hope ... there is always hope. Like the Phoenix, Pontiac and Detroit have risen from the ashes before. We can do it again. We are fighters. We will survive.

Companies are coming from out of state to invest in Michigan, creating thousands of jobs in the process. An estimated three thousand new jobs just from the headlines below:



In the days and weeks to come you will see a lot more posts from me about "Think Michigan First" and "Buy Michigan Now" ...


2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the Film Studios. Not for a job, just it's going to be in Michigan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, too, Dawn!!! And the same day this was in the headlines it was announced there's another film studio coming to Detroit! That's TWO!!! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete