Time sure does fly when you're having fun. If what you want to classify the days of my life as fun anyway.
Let's see ... Friday was my last blog entry ...
Saturday and Sunday found me again watching Butterball so Alien could finish cleaning the house. Yeah, it was that bad that it took her the best part of three days. She had her CPS (Children's Protective Services) inspection on Monday. She will not have Butterball taken from her for living in a filthy home. The social worker said that although it's not "perfect" it was much much better.And of course, the idiot, Bubba never showed up after many promises to help her clean the messes he left behind. Ya, the jerk left her stuck with his crap, and won't man up to his responsibility as her father. Oh wait ... he's an ass. I forget (not!) ...
Too bad she could have lost her child because of him and his shit. And so sad that she finally sees what he's really like.
So, that's behind us now. I just hope she keeps up with it now and doesn't let it slide back to the way it was. But, it'll be easier since Bubba isn't around to trash it anymore.
I have to admit having Grandson around for the marathon Butterball session was a blessing. He loves Butterball and really enjoyed playing with us. We all had a great time, tiring as it was on Gramma here. Grandson also seemed to really tone down his act a bit, he wasn't anywhere near as wild as he's been lately.
I can honestly say I was proud of him. And yes, I let him know! Many times, I let him know!!
We found out Grandson loves "chocolate pop" ... Diet Chocolate Creme Pie Soda to be exact. LOL. And he loves vanilla ice cream, too. So ... I promised him that because he was such an angel and Gramma's big helper that I'd make him a chocolate pop float. He loved it, until he got to the frothy part, then he hated it. "But that's okay, Gramma, I'll still finish all your ice cream". Um, no ... not at almost $5 a quart you won't!! I told him his mommy needs to buy him the cheap brand of ice cream if he wants to eat it out of a bowl, that Gramma's special diabetic ice cream is only for mixing with chocolate pop.
(On a side note ... he's not allowed sugar four hours before bedtime because he ends up having bad leg pains that last most of the night - not something I want him to go through, besides, he keeps the house up with his blood curdling screams)
Why do I even bother? Every time I try to introduce a new treat, food, or even activity he likes it for a minute or two then claims "I hate this".
So ... I'll enjoy my Chocolate Pop Floats alone.
On a funny note (see, I gotta get that in here somehow, right) ...
Grandson was eating grapes tonight. Something he never seems to hate, lol. He was showing me a huge grape, he called it a daddy grape. Then a tiny one, and I asked if that was a baby grape. A medium sized one he called "the five year old" grape. Ya, five like him - not too big, but not too small. It was a cute conversation. It evolved to ...
"When I'm big like that one (pointing to his father), I'll be your Daddy."
"No you can't be my daddy, I have a daddy. But one day you'll be daddy to your own child".
"But I don't want my own kid. I know, when Uncle JJ gets sick of his kid, I'll be his daddy. I love [that kid]."
This kid is gonna be the class clown, I tell ya. Oh wait ... that reminds me ... he's NOT enrolled in school and it starts in less than two weeks!!
I asked DIL what school he'd be going to (we have a choice of two different elementaries where we live). She said she didn't know, that she hadn't enrolled him yet. I told her she needs to get on that, that school starts very soon. "Oh, I know, but he doesn't even have his shots yet".
Hello? She's had five years to plan this kid going to school. I've given her every mailer that comes from the school district. They're set up to look like a newspaper, and the last two have had headlines of "Kindergarten Round-up Time". And we've procrastinated why? Oh wait ... I know why. She's busy with her facebook applications, texting all her friends and her vampire novels.
Hey, nothing wrong with any of the above, mind you. I love my facebook apps, too (not nearly as many apps as she does, though), and texting and reading (no vampire novels here, I prefer historical stories myself) ... but when you seem to ignore real life to indulge in said activities, there's a serious problem.
So ... wonder how long it'll be before she gets to it?
Tomorrow Married Son has some guy who saw the ad he posted for the large screen tv on craigslist coming over to look at it. Yay!! It'll be out of my house, hopefully.
Which means I have to do some cleaning. LOL. Not much, just vacuum where the couches were that we gave to Alien over the weekend. I don't think I ever moved those couches to clean under them. Oops!
That room is now big and empty minus a few bookcases and my craft corner. What ever will I do with all that space? I have no idea, but I'm not gonna let the Wrecking Crew turn it into their space (or storage, or a play room, or ... whatever).

That reminds me of a funny story when my son was about 4. My husband always had lots of stories starting 'when I was a little boy' and William was trying to match him but of course was still very small so he started a story 'when I was a dog'...........
ReplyDeleteLOL, Helen!! That's cute!
ReplyDelete