Could it be I hear myself thinking? Could be ... no outside noises, no interference, no yelling or screaming. Silence. Blissful silence.
The house is empty! Just me and the cats. And they're obviously enjoying the quiet, too.
Ahhhhhh.
I can actually hear the tap tap tap of the laptop keys for a change.
The Wrecking Crew and Single Son are out! The house is all mine.
Alien called ... three times she called. I didn't pick up. Instead I decided to go lay down for a noise-less nap for about half an hour. As I finally dozed off, she came in the house ... came up to my room where I faked being asleep. "Mom? You awake? I need a huge favor. I need you to watch Butterball for a few hours tonight". I told her I couldn't ... that I have a headache (which is partially true), and that my head feels like it wants to split wide open (was true last night, but not now). Told her sorry, but there's no way I was up to it.
All because she wants to drop two tires off at the "Knight in Rusty Armor"s mother's house. Ummm, excuse me ... give her directions and let her come get the freaking things herself. Geesh ...
Momma here needs a peaceful night all to herself. And I'm gonna get it, by gawd.
Yesterday was the USS Sinclair's (star trek geek group) annual summer picnic. It was a great day for it ... not too hot, a nice breeze blowing, mostly sunny. Perfect. Although I did manage to get a sunburn on my face (thus the splitting headache yesterday). Grandson, for the most part was well behaved, except for a few major melt-downs and temper tantrums. And terrorizing two "service" dogs belonging to one of the guests that sure aren't used to small devil children. The dogs behaved perfectly, even when Grandson didn't. Oh, and him deciding to sneak into our Canadian guests brand new travel trailer, and jump on their bed ...
I was a little disappointed in the attendance, though. Ten all together, including three guests. Being our chapter has over thirty members, that's not a good turn out.
The picnic was in a KOA Kampground. I'd never been to one before and was really impressed by not only the cleanliness of the campgrounds, but the many activities available to campers and day-guests. Definitely someplace I'd stay ... well, if I had a tent or camper anyway. LOL. Although, they do have cabins to rent, too. I'm thinking it'd be a good place to head when I'm fed up and need a get-away for an evening.
So ... here's a few pics. There are more pics, but those were rather boring ... you know, shots of people talking, sitting around the campfire on a hot summer's afternoon, or just general point the camera and see what pics we get shots. These are the highlights ... enjoy!
I'm headed outta here to enjoy a quiet evening at home - ALONE!

Warning: Candian Playing With Fire
Canadian Barbecue Queen
Trying a veggie hot dog. HOT dog is right! OUCH!
Chicken
Melody and Nikki (two service dogs)
Single Son and our Canadian Guest
Good - you deserve a nice, quiet evening. I cannot believe that your daughter called three time and then came over when you didn't answer (well, I believe it, but it seems rather tude). One thing if she was worried about you - but to hunt you down to ask you to babysit. I'm really glad you told her no.....
ReplyDeleteHEY! HEY LISA!!!! YOU AWAKE??? yes? okay, just wanted to see if you were awake--i'll quit yelling now. didn't want ya to get lonely without a bunch of noise or anything...! ;)
ReplyDeleteEm ... the quiet lasted until just after midnight ... DIL had asked me how I enjoyed my quiet time, I told her it would have been quieter had Alien not called. DIL said she had called her looking to see why I hadn't answered my phone, and then was asked if DIL could babysit. Talk about nerve!!
ReplyDeleteOh, then Chicken called. LOL. But the call originated from a local hospital or I probably would have ignored it. Ya, he's back in the hospital. Good friend, but I'm glad he didn't ask me to come sit with him.
Next quiet night I have, I'm changing the voice mail message on my phone ...
"Hi, you're reached my phone. Leave a message and when I'm done enjoying my quiet night I'll return your call."
Good lord, Amy ... could you be much louder? And yes, I'm awake. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, I wasn't lonely. Believe me, I can handle no noise! And if I get too lonely for it, there's always the radio or tv set.