I've been trying so hard to become a day person again. Not going too bad (minus the dark bags under my eyes - who am I kidding? They're trunks!!). Last night was rough, Barky Dog was out ALL NIGHT LONG doing what Barky Dog does best. I even got dressed (I should have stayed in my nightie, traumatize the lot of 'em) ... but when I pounded on their door, there was no answer. How dare they leave for a night or two and leave that damned Barky Dog outside. Can't call the cops (or can I?) because they left food and water for the freaking thing. Just wait until they get home, they'll get a WTF-inconsiderate maneuver was THAT?
Ya, I'm fed up. Momma's on the warpath!
*****
So, no big Memorial Day plans here ... other than being at the Police Department early early early on Monday so I can once again play "official" parade photographer for them. Lucky me, eh? And I do mean early!! Single Son is on patrol that day ... he's got to be there at 5 AM. We share a car (grrrrr), so I get to get up before the sun comes up and hang around the Cop Shop for a few hours before Parade time. I told him he owes me a Sausage Egg McMuffin with Cheese for this!!
*****
Speaking of Single Son, LOL, he's getting as excited as I am that there will be three less bodies around here soon. We've even sneaked in conversations about how we can not only finish the decorating that was postponed after the Wrecking Crew invasion, but how we can set up the rooms they now use so that in the future there will be NO ROOM AT THE INN for Wrecking Crews or Alien Invasions!
*****
I found out a little more about our trip in a few weeks to Escanaba. It's "only" an eight hour drive (that's with no stops, lol) ... but with Single Son being one of those that has to stop every few hours to stretch his legs, it'll end up a twelve hour drive anyway.
I googled the address of where we're going. Get this! It's five blocks ... F.I.V.E. blocks ... from a lighthouse!! Sand Point Lighthouse.
I was so excited to tell Single Son there's a lighthouse sooooo close to our Star Trek "away mission" location. "We won't have time, Mom" he says. Bull-pucky! We'll make the time! Then he say's "fine, we'll go but when you have your heart attack from climbing the stairs, make sure it's near the bottom, not the top. I'm NOT carrying your ass down all those stairs."
Nice kid, eh?
And this was after he points out how gray my hair is ... think he's telling me I'm getting old?
*****
Oh, remember the whole Daddy's wedding band thing? I finally got clarification from Mom as to what her plans are. As soon as Daddy is "done wearing it", it'll be mine. After a trip to the jewelers that is. She'll have it made into a necklace for me.
Sort of like this ...
But in white gold, and with my initials instead of the pearl.
She also told me that it was Daddy's idea in the first place. He saw the idea online and fell in love with turning his wedding band into a family heirloom!
It'll be beautiful! But it's something I can hold off possessing for a long time!!
*****
So, I'm done babysitting JJ. Their class is over. I'm bummed in a way ... I did enjoy the four hours a week bonding with him. BUT ... the last two times with him proved to be stressful on ol' Gramma here. I'm too old for teething, crying, grumpy babies!! And now, too, we can get back to I can spend time with Alien and both babies on occasion. There was absolutely NO Butterball time with them taking him with them to class for the social time (parents in relationship class, kiddies over 1 year of age in social skills "class").
*****
Stay safe and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. Remember our Fallen Heroes, and thank a Vet for their Service!!


No comments:
Post a Comment