KUA

KUA

5/23/11

Monday Musings ...

Who'da thunk (as Bubba would say) that I'd post two blogs in two days? And I can finally call it Monday Musings!! Haha!

*****
Wrecking Crew update. Married Son and DIL went today to look at a semi-truck that he wants to buy. Meaning he's giving serious thought to getting back on the road doing long haul driving. Which would mean buh-bye DIL ... she's NOT living here if he's on the road for weeks on end.

Oh, DIL has a new "trick" ... if you want to call it that. She's taken to saying "that's mine" or "that's Married Son's" if it's something she wants that doesn't belong to her. Case in point, a Paul Rogers CD that I purchased at one of his concerts many years ago. Autographed. I found it laying in their room, and said "ahah, I've been looking for that". Of course she says it's Married Son's, to which, when I told her no it's mine (and I could prove it since the concert ticket stub is in my scrap book!!) she accuses me of making things up to benefit me. Oy. Son walked into the room not a minute later, and I (still holding the cd) said jokingly "so, thought you could steal it from me, eh?" "You busted me. I was gonna give it back. Eventually".

Tell me it's yours. That's theft if you ask me. I mentioned it to Married Son when she left the room. He said she's tried that over at her parents house, too.

I guess I'm going to have to supervise very closely when they (she really) packs to finally move out. Not that I have a lot she'd want, but it's the principle of the thing.

*****

Ow! It hurts to type! I managed to about pull off my index finger nail today -putting my bra on of all things. One of the hooks managed to snag under the fingernail and before I knew it, the pain was intense.

***** STAR TREK ALERT *****

Membership has it's privileges! LOL. I've been invited to join an "away mission" in June to commission a new ship into StarFleet. In non-geek terms, we have a new chapter that we're going to visit for their dedication ceremony.

I'm excited. It's the first time I've gotten away since my mini-trip to Chicago a few years ago to meet Helen Jane! The trip isn't until June 11th, but I've already sat down and figured out my packing list. Pretty sad, eh? And ... don't fret ... I'll be bringing my laptop and digital camera so ya'll can join in on the fun. Don't you feel special? Hehe.

Single Son, who is the MC for the ceremony, and I will be driving up to Escanaba, Michigan for a weekend. It's a twelve hour drive from the Detroit area. I'm not sure of a lot of the details yet, as he's making most of the plans (when we leave, our hotel accommodations, and the such).
Should be lots of fun!

*****

Hoping ya'll are having a good week!!


11 comments:

  1. Southern Indiana still awaits you....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have a trip to look forward to. I've been following your blogs but sometimes don't know what to say, I get so frustrated with my own family it's kinda nice to know I'm not alone, although mine aren't quite as bad but I do wonder if they realise we would like to live our lives without their constant problems!!
    My son spends all night every night talking via webcam to a girl he's met online - he wants to come to America - should we swop, he'd fit in well with your wrecking crew and you could escape to the peace and the cooler climate of our mountains, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy ... yup, Southern Indiana is always in my thoughts ... my escape (mentally for now, physically if I feel I'm about to snap!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen Jo, it's so nice to know we don't suffer alone, isn't it?

    As far as your son wanting to come to the States, good luck with that. Hopefully he gets over it quick ... OR ... I love your idea of he and I swapping places. I'd love the escape (and I could get into reconnecting with the Land that my ancestors once called home).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen Jo, you're not in Dublin are you? My cousin has a thing going online with a Dubliner, and he wants to come to the States....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @helenjo: the guy in question is 21 and visiting this week. Just so if he's not yours you don't panic!m thinking it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry no, I'm in Wales - I've had to increase my internet usage and he's costing me a fortune, can't get a job so he sleeps all day and spends all night talking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am gonna get back there one day..I really liked Chicago and meeting up with you =) Hugs Lisa... we only have one left at home and have already told his g/f no way will they ever live here together lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really!! Chicago ... or Toledo ... or Detroit (the 'burbs really) ... or Windsor ... or Toronto ... I'm willing to travel a bit to meet up with ya!!!

    You go girl! Set those rules now ... IN STONE!! Something I wish I had done originally. It makes it harder to be taken seriously if you break your own rules for them!! I'm living proof of that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Came up with another one if he decides he doesnt wanna move out.. a third of all household costs not jsut a nominal board amount we're talking a third of the mortgage, land rates etc etc bahaha
    Well as soon as we know when we are travelling state side again I'll be sure to let you know Lisa =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen Jane, actually one rule that has been honored (and if broken I WILL evict and they know it) ... is the the bills are to be split IN HALF!! Single Son and Married Son ... if DIL wishes to help Married Son she's welcome to, but you know that hasn't happened yet (that's their problem, just so I get the bill money and on time). Even better, I pay online, with their credit or debit cards. Hehehe ...

    Remember, too, that my mom plans on selling this house sometime within a two to five year time frame. She's hoping the market recovers enough before she sets an actual move out/sale date. And I darned better have a job by then (still looking, to no avail sadly), 'cause I want to move to my beloved Port Huron - and be able to finally totally support myself ... into either a "senior" complex or a two bedroom rental (I need a bedroom for my crafts, lol). So ... eventually there WILL be a light at the end of this tunnel ... and it won't be the 5:45 comin' at me!

    I don't know if you know about Cozi (cozicentral. cozi.com -- no spaces) ... it's an online calendar for the family. I can select who gets what calendar reminders and when. I make sure they find reminders for what's due and when in their inbox. And with them both having smart phones, they get further notification of in-coming mail. It's worked very well for us ... no late payments in the six months or so that we've been using it. And little nagging from Dear Ol' Mum here. Cozi also is a place to create your to-do lists, shopping lists and keep a family journal (although I don't use the journal).

    ReplyDelete