Yup, the Wrecking Crew is at it again. I've blown my fuse over ... a blown fuse of all things!! It's HOT and miserable here, and as usual with the Michigan heat comes the Michigan humidity.
Gawd I hate summer-like weather.
Anyway, spring and summer in my house also mean a lot of blown fuses. Yes, we're still running on outdated fuses (Brother Deere was supposed to update by installing a circuit box years ago, but that's a different blog topic). And I do mean A LOT of fuses. Mostly in my room (go figure). You'd think we would have extra fuses around, wouldn't you? Well, supposedly Married Son, back in his salvage days found a bunch of fuses - and saved them knowing what happens around here in the summer heat.
Only, DIL threw them away. But did she tell us this? Not for three hours after the fuse that covers 1/2 of my bedroom, part of the basement and the bathroom blew!! Yup, that's one half of my room. This house is an electrician's nightmare - my room alone is hooked up to four different electrical fuses alone. I can tell which fuse is blown, and what rooms are dark just by what isn't working in my room anymore. Anyway ...
Heaven help it was her bedroom that blew a fuse. It'd be fixed almost immediately, you can bet. But no ... if it concerns Mom in any way, shape or form it'll wait.
So, I got even!! I lit a candle and headed for the bathroom, a cool soak in the tub would help, since I can't sit in front of the window fan in my room to cool off. I hear DIL ask Married Son "how long is she going to be in the bathroom? I have to use it". I yell out "I'll be here until my room is electrified once again".
I also commented that if it was their room it'd have been fixed immediately. Loud enough for them to hear through the closed bathroom door. That sure didn't go over well with the DIL. Too freaking bad!!
Married Son, needless to say, headed up to the store to get fuses. Fuses that should have been in "inventory" in the cabinet in the utility room.
Or would have been had *someone* not taken it upon herself to throw out for whatever reason.
*****
The brakes on my car need work, so the car is parked while Married Son works on it this weekend. It's been a test of his mechanical skills, the part he's having trouble with keeps breaking his tools (some bolt or something that he broke when he removed it but can't get the replacement bolt back on now)!! Let's hope he gets if fixed before tomorrow when we're expecting thunderstorms.
Until then, I'm without a car again ...
Yesterday he took me up to the store, giving us a chance to talk freely (without the DIL around). He's sick of all the crap, too ... and is once again talking about divorcing her. I've heard it before, so I'm not going to hold my breath. He does know that if he wants to stay in this house past September it's got to be without her ... this was told to him by my mother (remember I rent from her) ... otherwise the Wrecking Crew is out ... out ... out ...
Let's see if I can last until one of the two happens.
If not, I hope they have a wireless internet connection in the Looney Bin.
*****
Married Son has been gone for about forty five minutes now. DIL is livid! She has things she needs him to do (things she should be doing by herself so he can work on other things - like my car) ... but no ... if it doesn't directly benefit HER she's not going to do it (like sort his laundry or go through a box of his old papers he asked her to sort).
While she waits, she could at least be doing the sink full of dishes she's ignored for three days. And no, I'm NOT going to do them this time. I learned to take the dishpan out of the sink - with her dirty three day old crap in it - and do my dishes, then put the dirty dishpan back for her to wash. Eventually.
I did talk to Married Son about her doing their dishes ... we'll see what happens ... (not holding my breath)
Instead ... well, the dishes sit ... she's chattering on the phone to gawd only knows who ... and bitching about how her life sucks.
Poor baby!!

He's back, and I now have electric in my room again - only four hours without.
ReplyDeleteAha!! So the fuse blew when he turned on the air compressor outside for my car repairs. The outside outlet is connected to "my" fuse ... I told you it was an electrician's nightmare!! Single Son asked what blew the fuse, was told the air compressor ... I said something like "damn" ... and DIL pops up with "well, what do you expect? He was fixing YOUR car instead of doing what he should be doing helping me" ... and Married Son blew up at her rudeness!!
Let the bickering begin!!
I should sell ring-side tickets for THIS fight!!!
Maury! Maury! Maury!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Thanks Amy ... I needed the laugh. However, next time I read one of your comments I really SHOULD not have a half a mouth full of M&Ms (I'll leave the resulting mental image up to you!) ... ah well, better than spraying the screen with pop I guess.
ReplyDeleteI misread that as "poop" . Maybe subconsciously because it's brown like the chocolate?
ReplyDeleteLOL, Poop!! My mom said "I'll have a glass of poop" all the time when we were growing up. Yes, she's where I get my awesome sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteI don't recommend spraying the screen with POOP ... unless it's the computer of an ex (or two) .... hehe ...
OMG Lisa run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHelen Jane, I'm thinking I'd be harder to locate IF I were beamed the hell off the ship than if I run away.
ReplyDeleteYou know ... "Scotty, beam me out of there. There's NO intelligent life around here"
LOL!
ReplyDelete