So originally I was going to blog about the typical Wrecking Crew antics … and I may later, if I’m not plum wore out by the end of this blog.
Gotta love social networking. It’s where I found out that Alien was pregnant with Butterball some two years ago (myspace). Then the other day on facebook I read she’s married?
Our private message:
me: ya and by the time i got to the phone you'd hung up ... what's this with your status update saying you and him are married ... did you elope?
Alien: Kinda
me: how do you kinda get married?
Alien: the Court house. Lol
me: when?
Alien: May 4th
me: ad you were gonna tell me WHEN?
Alien: After the fear of you killing me disappeared.
me: kill you? and get to raise your two kids? no thanks ... i'm out of the baby raising business ... tyvm
Although, I sorta had to laugh. She had changed her status to “married” and there were a few congratulatory comments from friends … but then Bubba replied with something like “what a way to find out” … considering HE eloped with his girlfriend and sent letters out snail mail only AFTER his wedding, he has little (if any) room to talk. I love Aliens response … “I still have the letter you and (witchy-poo) sent out” … her way of saying screw you daddy dear, you have no room to talk.
However, her sharp tongued response to Bubba does NOT change the fact that she screwed up, once again … ya, this fella is a step above Loser, but only a step or two. At least he doesn’t hurt her, and although his patience is very short with an active toddler, he hasn’t harmed the children. And I do have to say, I do open my mouth every chance I get to correct him when I see less than desirable things he does (swinging Butterball over his head, holding his body and spinning around in circles – just the fear on the kids face should tell him that this isn’t what he should be doing with a small human being). I guess we can blame this on the way he was raised, he doesn’t know better.
I have made it MY duty to teach him, but ONLY because I’m concerned for the safety of my grandbabies. Alien speaks up, but he doesn’t listen. He sure listens to me, though!!
And I said I wasn’t going to get involved. Ha. We see how long that lasted!! But there’s still no way I’m going to go back on my promise to myself (and ya’ll) to refrain from helping them out financially – or in many other ways.
I do babysit JJ while they go to parenting and couples classes. Of course, I do get paid for it. By the agency that offers the program. Got my first check today … finally! It only took eight weeks. There will be one more check issued at the end of this program – another seven weeks that they’ll pay me five bucks an hour (at four hours each class).
Funny, Alien has asked me more than a few times to babysit both boys so she and the hubby can go socialize. Nope. I won’t do it. No one babysat for ME so I could go hang with my friends, and I’m not about to start doing it for her. She wants to hang with the friends, she can take the babies with her.
It’s one thing if it’s for a class that’s mandated by the state in order for her to keep her children – and her state benefits (and that they pay me is welcomed, too), but for her social life, or to go shopping (he can stay home and watch ‘em or they can take them to the store).
*****
The Wrecking Crew …
Okay, so I have the strength to blog further, lol.
Things haven’t changed … like we really thought they would? I’m still fighting about the dishes, the messes, the crap that I’ve blogged about before. The couch I can’t use (or the easy chair now) because it’s a surface that can store THEIR shit. Boxes and boxes of it.
Grandson’s sixth birthday was earlier this month. They bought him his own t.v. set. And his Uncle Single Son bought him a dvd player. Problem is, he needs to be outside in this warm weather and NOT sitting in front of the boob-tube. Only – she still won’t let him go out to play without supervision. She needs to get off her arse and go supervise then!! The room also needs curtains (bad reflection in the morning of light coming off the house next door) … she tells me the other day that the room needs curtains … I give her the guidelines (there’s a rod in there, but she took the curtains that were in there down), and of course she says she’s going to replace it with a different rod (meaning still more screw holes in the walls). No, that’s a good rod, it stays. Buy the appropriate curtains. Or the window remains uncovered! Period.
But we know how she fights the whole “my house, my say (not yours)” thing.
As I suspected, now that Single Son is working, Married Son is finding excuses to not pay his share of the bills. Excuse me? Where the hell can you live for $300 a month? Nowhere else but Mommy’s house!! But if this continues I’m definitely going to the courthouse to get official – legal - eviction papers. This is crap. Pure and simple.
*****
K, enough … my headache is back. Off for a refreshing shower (it’s too hot and humid for me), then there’s a bunch of stuff I need to do for our StarFleet meeting tomorrow evening.
tell scotty it's two to beam up:
ReplyDelete1: the contractor is too busy to work on our house now that the weather is cleared because he is doing another job even though we have waited over a month
2: my borderline-personality disorder crazy sister is wanting to foster-to-adopt a child from her girlfriend's family--and are already having drama fights with the rest of girlfriend's family over it (BTW--she and her always-unemployed girlfriend have gone through 5 dogs in a year because they get tired of them or they won't listen, live shut-off to shut-off, won't babysit my nephews even though they were offered going pay because kat is too busy and girlfriend can't keep up with them, and they allow girlfriend's grown daughter to smoke weed in their trailer). because it's a cps case bob and i have to get background checks just because we might be around them. i haven't told bob yet.
3: my mother is temporarily keeping my nephews since baby sis's job relocated her and she didn't want to pull them out of school with only a month left...but mom seems to be undergoing some sort of personality change for the worse and is doing passive aggressive and fatalistic things like the other day when the boys said they were going to go play with the neighbor she didn't ask where or which one, then when she went to call them and they didn't come she locked them out for ignoring her. they didn't hear her because they were in the neighbor's house, and they are 5 and 7. she also left the 5 year old by himself in walmart while she went browsing around, and she sat there while her dog had seizures all night rather than even checking to see if the vet was available. dog died, of course. with all of it she just doesn't seem to give a shit, or offers to do something and then complains about it or gets passive-aggressive that it's not working when she puts no effort forth.
btw, she has encouraged crazy sis on teh adoption.
and i can't legally even vent about the antics at work. gonna run away and join the circus. or maybe run away and join:
ReplyDeleteOh (((((Amy))))), you got it, two to beam the hell outta Dodge!! I hate to say this, but after listening to you vent just now, suddenly Alien eloping with the Village Idiot seems a little easier to handle.
ReplyDeleteDon't run away and join the circus ... those clowns have just as many issues - issues you need to get the hell away from. StarFleet is safe! Really. Just don't sign up for any position that requires the wearing of a red shirt!! And for Pete's sake ... don't point that phaser at anyone unless you intend to use it (it's forbidden to take phasers if you go home on leave - for obvious reasons!). Although, you may use it on builders who over-schedule themselves.
Thank Heavens for multiply, eh? A rather safe place to vent legally ...
oh, and thanks for the recruiting "poster" ... it's now the wallpaper on my laptop. Hehehehe ...
ReplyDelete