*****
So ... Cap never called. Yay!
*****
Kitty Purry has been adopted into a home with another small kitten. She'll have a playmate ... and the lady who adopted her will have her hands full with two small kittens and a toddler or two.
*****
DIL is home. Boo!
It's funny, Single Son noticed that when the Wrecking Crew was gone we only had ONE kitchen sized trash bag to take to the curb on pick-up day. Now that the Wrecking Crew is back it'll be back to four full sized (55 gal) can to drag to the curb weekly. Well, I won't be dragging them down to the curb! It's been obvious to me for years who generates the most garbage 'round here.
Single Son also noticed that a package of toilet paper lasts ten times longer in their absence. That dishes don't pile up in the sink, that the bathroom trash can doesn't overflow, that hair doesn't clog the drain, that shoes don't wander into the middle of the floor, that we actually have a kitchen table even.
*****
I babysat Aliens two boys yesterday while she went to court to try to collect child support from that deadbeat. Riiight, good luck with that. But that's not the topic here. The boys are. JJ is six months old now, loves his little walker. I put him in it and he zipped across my kitchen and dining area floor. It was obvious he was sleepy (cranky!) so I took him out of it to give him a bottle. No sooner had I got the bottle in his mouth and Butterball climbs into the walker! He's way too big, but that didn't stop him from trying to zip across the floor, too. It was a hoot! That boy cracks me up. Since it was way too hot in the dining area, I decided we'd hang out in DILs room, since she's got the window a/c unit there. Popped a video into the player and in less than five minutes they were both asleep!! I was about to lay down but Alien and her Hubby returned from the courthouse. Drats! So much for an air conditioned nap for Gramma.
*****
The big Star Trek picnic is this weekend. Lots yet to do. And like I don't have enough to do, I got suckered in (thanks to Single Son) to drive an hour in the opposite direction to pick up a member who needs a ride. Dammit! This should be interesting to say the least. I'm not overly fond of this person, but Single Son did ask me nicely(and Son is paying for the gas). I'm just hoping he keeps his mouth shut or I may have to push him out of the car on I75! I have a feeling this will be the last time I offer to assist this person at all. He's got definite opinions, and feels the need to voice them. He's good at pissing people off with his narrow mindedness. It's gotten him in trouble plenty of times. And if he thinks I'm NOT smoking while he's in my car, getting a free ride to the picnic he'll get a lesson on compromise (you want a free ride, you're gonna have to put up with it, dammit).
Okay, I know! I have said I'm considerate of non-smokers. And I usually am. But this week while trying to get directions from this person I've been asked about my driving abilities (am I a safe, legal driver ... no ... the last three passengers of my car have died of sudden massive heart attacks from the shock of sitting in my vehicle. Jerk) ... if I have adequate insurance (insurance? What's that? Geesh ... a cop drives my freaking car, what do you think?) ... and has questioned my time schedule numerous times. What happened to graciously taking what's offered you and being happy with it? So now he's just gonna have to tolerate MY smoking.
Oh, did I mention this person has NO volume control? Either that or it's stuck on HIGH.
And all the while I'll have to watch my driving (be extremely alert) so the half sheet of bakery cake that will be in my back seat does not go sliding, slipping or flying. It's got an extra hour of travel time.
You're gonna love seeing pictures of that cake! It's a Star Trek cake (what else?), complete with a little USS Enterprise cake topper. I'm going to mark the bottom of one of the cake plates and the lucky winner takes home the cake topper.
*****
Speaking of picnic. Never, I repeat N.E.V.E.R take Single Son with you when you shop for a function. We're expecting about 35 people ... he bought plates, utensils, cups, etc for well over a hundred people. That's fine, we can use the extras for future activities. What I'm having problems with are the fourteen cases of pop (soda) that I have to transport along with that cake!

Glad Cap got the message - anything you don't have to pay for is good stuff, lol. As for the giving a ride - I suggest you swerve every time he says something.....and see how long it takes him to start keeping his mouth shut.
ReplyDeleteWaiting for pics of the cake! Men cannot shop for events like this - they go into total panic and think us women don't have a clue how to organise! Apologies to single son but 3 times the amount you need will not the picnic better!!
ReplyDeleteEm, wish I could swerve! However, I'll have that huge cake in my back seat. I'm not gonna squish all that decorative icing up against the carrier box for anyone, especially a loud mouth opinionated jerk that better appreciate the over 100 miles I'm going out of my way for.
ReplyDeleteHelen, Actually he's not the type to panic, he knows that Mom's already made the lists and checked them thrice (better than Santa, I am!) However, he does still go overboard! Some of it is fine (like plates and such that we can use for our next function) but the pop!! Oy! I realize he knows it's going to be hot out tomorrow, but good gawd ... that's a lot of pop for any gathering. Funny thing is, he FORGOT water!! And I'm not going to point it out (I hid my list so he can't find his error now).
ReplyDelete