KUA

KUA

1/14/13

Two weeks and counting ...

And I still haven't seen Grandson except for those few minutes when he told me "I heard you didn't let Mom in the house ...". I'm really afraid there's a lot going on there that will need major damage control to undo.

And I'm pretty sure DIL isn't telling the truth about much of anything anymore.

On Boss Man's facebook today I read "I just love being made out to be the evil one ! Why, cuz I want to be happy ?! If you don't know me, don't judge me !!" I won't ask him, it'll only add fuel to the emotional fire he's already going through, but I pretty much know it's got to do with DIL and the crap she spreads. 

There's two sides to every story. I just wish certain people had the maturity to realize this. 

And yes, I've run into a few of their friends around town. You'd think I was a home-wrecker the way they treated me!! Hello? Hear both sides of the story before you go condemning anyone ... and I told both of these individuals exactly that!! 

So, I'm not expecting this to be a clean divorce. Shit's gonna get nasty if it continues the way it is now. 

Oh, and DIL has yet to return to get the rest of their stuff. I need it gone so I can finish taking over that bedroom as my office. Yesterday I went to the different stores in the area collecting a few boxes. Tomorrow I finish moving everything from Grandson's bedroom (and the bathroom) into her old bedroom ... this way at least, I don't have to look at it. Wonder how mad she'll be when I empty my bedside table that she put in her room without asking me and put it back in the "office" room. I really don't care ... and I don't have to be nice enough to box the crap (I should dump it all on the floor but won't).


*****

I'm not a doctor (or nurse), nor do I pretend to play one at home ... so bear with me while I fumble my way through this ... 

Dad was in the hospital, as you've read on facebook by now (and past blog entry). Something about his blood count being so low. They took him off cumadin (sp?) and started giving him massive doses of vitamin K. It's helped a lot. He was released from the hospital yesterday. He will need further testing and possibly have heart surgery to fix a weakness caused by a decade of cumadin. The problem is that the first procedure, a rather "simple" one, may not be possible as he's already had quadruple by-pass surgery. A more complicated surgery may be needed, pending the results of the further testing. So, it's another stay tuned story ... 

The story of my life lately!! 

But, what pissed me off ... Gadget ... not only does she think that she knows medical procedures ("I worked in a hospital, I know medicine" ... no, she was a receptionist in a hospital. This does not give her the ability to even suggest medical advice to anyone!). When I went to update Gizmo about his grandfather's condition, Gadget just has to pipe in with her "diagnosis", telling me that "they" are wrong, and they don't need to crack open his chest unnecessarily. I said something like "you really need to hang your degree in medicine on the family room wall for all to see". 

The icing on the pissed-off cake was when she started telling me when I could visit my dad in the hospital, that these were the hours that she needed the van to pick up her son from work. Hello? MY fathers health isn't as important as YOUR son's getting a ride back to his house? And you know damned well I told her that, too!! He has other family in the area (he lives with one of his grandmothers) and friends who would be happy to help him out (hell, even Alien said she'd give him a ride when he needs it). 

Immediately after that, I made the excuse that "my dinner's getting cold" and left before she could get out her response. I know I pissed her off, she was yelling something at me as I left their bedroom. 

Too bad. Too freaking bad.

*****

It looks like Butterball will finally be starting pre-school this week! They've been through a battery of placement tests, including speech and hearing. Alien just has to take him in for his eye tests, but the school said they could wait a week or two, and actually are moving forward in the meantime to get him into pre-school. 

Personally, I think pre-school will do the kid a world of good. The boys don't get much socializing time with kids their own ages, and now that Butterball is 3 years old, it's the perfect time to get him enrolled in "Head Start". And they're already working on getting JJ pre-enrolled for next year (he'll be two in a few weeks). 

Speaking of JJ. I get some time with him in a few days while Alien and Butterball are doing their "meet and greet" at Head Start. Yay!!! He's my little cuddle bug and helper ... we'll "play" in the new office room (grandma will clean and he'll probably help). After which we'll cuddle to read a story or two until his momma and brother return. 


*****

My Pinterest addiction has slowed down a bit in the last few weeks. I'm still at it, but no where near as bad as before. Instead of pinning a ton of things, I'm more into actually reading the pins I have collected, especially if they have to do with small gardening. I've been doing a lot of planning lately with how I want my small veggie garden to be. 

My backyard is pretty much unusable with the number of mosquitoes that call the neighbors back yard home and explore my backyard, too. But, I'm looking into mosquito repellent plants (since the neighbor is no help in removing the problem). I'm also tempted to ask Brother Deere to build me a few bat houses to mount to the side of my shed. I know bats love to eat the little blood sucking skeeters. 

It'll probably be at least a year until I can really start using my backyard again. It's a northern exposure, with lots of shade trees, so I doubt I'll be able to use it for much more than lounging around (maybe a picnic table, kiddie pool and kiddie play structure). I really think it's too shady back there to support any sizable garden. I know, I know ... I've lived here 18 years with a backyard we've rarely used. How sad is that?

I'm also contemplating a container veggie garden or two in the front, under the front windows. Nice southern facing exposure and in containers they'd be harder for the local bunny population to feed on. I'm thinking galvanized horse trough sized containers would be perfect. Now to locate affordable ones, lol. 

I even know what I want to grow. And the all important when to sow the seeds time frame. Not too bad for someone who, until last year, had never grown anything - let alone planted a single seed!! 

Last year's attempt at growing tomatoes taught me a lot. There's still a lot this urban "farmer" needs to learn, but I'm really excited about the whole thing. 

Not to mention, it's an affordable way to get some better foods in my system. 

We know I'm all about "affordable". 

*****

Curious thing ... Gizmo just texted me "are you eating with us tonight?" ... it's unusual for me to be asked about dinner. I'm usually on my own. I wonder what brought this on ... yesterday AND tonight? We know the world's not ending ... that came and went on December 21 ... so what's up? It's not being cooked at home, but carry out, so I don't have to question if the cook is poisoning the meal. 

Maybe they feel sorry for me? Last week was a no pay week for me (I will get paid eventually), and I have to "budget" my menu items more than normal to make them stretch until the next pay day. 

Could she feel bad because of how piggish she's been the last few days whilst Daddy was in the hospital? Did Gizmo say something to her?

Who knows? Anything is possible around here. 

*****

Heaven knows, NORMAL will never cross my threshold. Never!!  

3 comments:

  1. Now that I've thought to read back a bit. You're a better woman than I - I'd pick a pretty day, haul all of her stuff outside and then text her that its ready for pickup....As for the mosquitos - although the plants are fun and bats might be interesting (but there's the rabies issue plus they eat at night which is not when the mosquitos are bothering you)....Cheapest fix is to bring a fan outside when you want to hang out in the yard - the breeze keeps them away. Best fix (but expensive) is to use the mosquito repellent clipons - they are awesome for doing yard work and if you put them in a plastic bag between uses they last a bit longer. I live in mosquito world and like you said unless you can get all your neighbors to cooperate about checking even the tiniest bit of standing water....you'll just have to deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if "better woman" would be the right description, or if it's just I don't know which is her crap and which is Boss Man's stuff. So, it's all been thrown in their old bedroom (along with Grandson's stuff) for him to deal with next time he's home. She still hasn't shown up, nor has she even tried to contact me to ask if I want to see Grandson. Of course, I'm pretty sure she's making me the evil (soon to be ex) MIL from Hell. So it only reasons she'd deny me visitation with the grandchild that lived under my roof for seven and a half years!

    We live in the middle of bat-land (built on an old wetlands). There's literally hundreds of them in the old trees around the neighborhood. I just figured that maybe I could entice a few of them to move closer to the mosquitoes. But you're onto something there, they're night feeders, the skeeters are day buggers. And since they seem to have coexisted for two decades I'm aware of, well ... damn ... Plan B?

    Since I know maybe ONE of the neighbors would cooperate in making our area a skeeter free zone, I have decided I like your fan idea the best of all!! All I need to do is add a screened canopy to shade me from the hot sun, a comfy chair (or three ... for the occasional visitors to sit on), a side table and I'll have the best outside retreat in the 'hood!! And yes, I'm serious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds marvelous. My house is on a hill so I have a deck off the kitchen with a few padded chairs and such - and I pull a stand fan out whenever I want to sit there.....it should work for you as well....

      Delete