Let's see ... what else?
Finally got fed up with my bank. See, I get $198 every two weeks for child support. Bubba has the money automatically taken from his paychecks and it's direct deposited to FOC (Friend of the Court) who in turn direct deposits into my bank account. Sounds simple right? Then explain to me why my $198 deposit last week was $111.09 followed by a $65.91 deposit five days later. You do the math, they still screwed me out of $22!! I call the bank, it never fails they blame FOC ... yet FOC has proven time and again THEY are not the ones messing up. So ... screw that bank. I opened a new account today at the credit union. I won't close that pain in the butt account until Alien is 18 and child support ends. Only because to make a change with FOC for direct deposit takes 6 months on average, I'm told. Not worth it when Alien turns 18 in October.
School's going good. Lots of reading, but not much written homework. Yay!! I've been keeping a stress journal for stress management class. Funny that looking for stressful events really causes MORE stress. Ya'll know how much stress is in my life, but most of it I just shrug off and laugh about. Don't really consider it stress, or I didn't until we had to start keeping stress journals. I'm having fun with this journal, though ... Coach said to get creative as we wanted ... so ... being me and knowing how much I love Star Trek it's a sort of *Communications Officer's Log* (since I'm not a Captain and can't do a Captain's Log). Even using a Star Trek font and plenty of outer space art to decorate it with.
Speaking of Star Trek ... the Star Trek Exhibition opens on Valentine's Day. We're all heading down to the Detroit Science Center to experience it. I won't be a hostess, only because I still don't have a uniform (or my Ferengi make up kit). Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it though. I'll hopefully be able to get a lot of pics to share. Bet ya'll are just looking forward to that. Hehe.
Got a gift card in the mail today from my insurance company. Yeah ... they reward their clients with gift cards when we keep important appointments - like the annual diabetic eye check. So ... a ten dollar gift card just for me. Took it right to the store to buy a new pair of walking shoes that I need for gym days for stress class ... and since I've been walking again anyway - why not invest in a good pair of walking shoes? The store had them on sale to boot ... hehe ... so with the store discount and the gift card my new L A Gear walking shoes ended up costing me less than twenty bucks (with sales tax).
Getting closer to opening *Elsie's Attic*. I have an appointment next Friday with the Business Association here in the county. They're going to help me walk through the final permits and forms I need to fill out to make the store nice and legal. Yes, in this county even a small internet business needs permits (like a vendor's license). It's really looking that by March 1st I'll be telling ya'll I'm open for business!!
I'm geeked.
Nothing else going on around here ... it's been quiet the last few days with the kiddies. Married Son works all night, sleeps all day ... DIL works or hangs out in her room on MySpace ... Grandson is fine ... Single Son does what Single Son does (he's a very private person so a lot of the time I don't know what he's up to) ... and I only hear from Alien about once a week or so.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Not like you to do girlie pink and hearts?
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you about Elsie's Attic and look forward to hearing your opening news!
I hate to contradict the FOC but I work for a bank and the bank only accepts the deposits when they are given to them. They have nothing to do with the amount or the when or the why. Unless your banks in your neck of the woods are different, sounds like they are passing the buck because they can't get things straight on their end. Could be the amount automatically taken from Bubba's check is screwed up and the FOC just sends through whatever they got until the rest becomes available.
ReplyDeleteHelen ... nope, not like me to get all girlie with the pinks and hearts. Just got Valentine's fever, that's all (and no, there's no pending announcements on a new man in my life, lol) ...
ReplyDeleteYa'll be the first to know when Elsie's Attic is official.
Kitty, this has been going on for years. At first I thought it was FOC ... but I've seen receipts from both them and Bubba that the correct amount is being deducted from his bi-monthly paychecks. How can a bank deposit an amount of $111.09 (only to have the outstanding support paid just a few days later) when the paycheck stub (and FOC records) shows $198 unless they're making the error themselves? Just doesn't make sense to me ... or the FOC or the Courts (as I've filed complaints and requests for investigations on the matter).
ReplyDeleteOh well ... this bank has a long record of screwing up not only mine but others accounts. I can't say as I'll miss them ... I *love* the new credit union I'm at ...
welcome!
ReplyDeleteBeing someone who used to data input in a bank and did a lot of wages, banks do make mistakes especially if its a manual payment, if they are all on one list, amounts can get messed up, the person above or below may have had a payment of $111... if they are on separate slips they can still get messed up depending how fast the machinist is, if its done electronically well shouldnt be messed up at all.
ReplyDeleteGlad things at home are all going good =)
Woohoo re Elsies Attic, did you decide on a final logo design?
That was one of the questions I had for the credit union ... how do you process your deposits and withdrawls. It's all automated. Whew, no room for human error!
ReplyDeleteI'm still working on that final logo. Not sure if I'll even go with one at this point. I tell ya, I had no idea logo design was so difficult!!
Ya ... good at home. Nice for a change, I tell ya.