KUA

KUA

2/19/09

Thursday's Thoughts ...

So ... the one class I thought I had a test in next week I don't but the other class it ends up there is a test in ... so either way you look at it I have four tests next week. But then it's Spring Break ... I am soooooo ready!! Oh one test is open book/open notes ... the other is a take home exam. Whew!! That eliminates a lot of the stress!

BUT ... this weekend I'm also doing the last steps needed to open *Elsie's Attic*. Finally!! Yay!! I should have my URL for my website by next weekend at the latest. Sooner depending on my business coach. Yeah. I've retained the services of a business coach. Three years of dreaming  about this day, you know I'm gonna take advantage of every possible service available to me to help me succeed.

Let's see ... what else is going on? Hmmmmm ...

DIL and I are at odds. Gee, like we didn't figure that'd happen. Right? She's about worthless around here ... doesn't do anything or if she does she bitches about it the whole time. The latest was after her shower the other day, she left stray strands of LONG hair (and she sheds a lot) on the bathtub wall. Guess you could call it the icing on the cake. This had been after telling her for the last week to get the bathroom waste can emptied of wet pull-ups (a matter of principle or I would have done it myself) ... put her beauty and hygiene supplies away (they were all over the counter) ... put her bathrobe away (and off the bathroom floor where I tripped over it until I threw it in the dirty clothes hamper) ... wash her dishes ... and ... lordy the list goes on. I absolutely lost it after the hair in the tub. Told her that she's in MY house and I expect certain things done ... like cleaning up after her and Grandson (I won't even go into the Cheerios that Grandson spilled on my bedroom floor that she turned her back on). Is it just me ... or (insert sarcasm here) am I asking way too much?

Her excuse is that she works 25 hours a week and has a small child. She can't possibly do housework when she's got him to watch. But she sure can ignore him when she's on myspace!

Ummmmmm ... lame excuses if you ask me. I raised THREE kids, worked 40+ hours a week and kept house. Sure I did live with the in-laws for two years, but then I would ask my ex MIL if I needed her to keep an eye on the kids for a minute or so. And I worked opposite shifts than my now ex-husband so as to not burden my MIL with babysitting. Oh, and to leave my stuff where MIL could have tripped over it? Hell no!! I even took my toothbrush to my bedroom and put it away when I was finished ... leave hair on their shower walls? Not on your life!! I respected their home ... and made sure our presence (or invasion of their space) was kept to an absolute minimum. Not DIL ... nope ... her crap is all over the house.

Breathe deep. Remind myself it's only for a few more months. Possibly less. But that possibly less won't mean they all move out. Married Son mentioned to me the other day that he's pretty much passed fed up with it all. He's talked to her about it for the three and a half years they've been married. She doesn't listen. And it's so much more than her being lazy as hell. But I won't get into all the details ... so ... he's brought up the D word ... divorce. Which basically means, DIL and Grandson go to live at her parent's house. Married Son stays here. With the cat.

I guess the good news is that he takes up so much less space - he, his cat and his crap, that is. He wants to help me re-organize the house. He's got some good ideas for an in-home office for me. He's been proving his intent by doing some much needed repairs (at his expense, no less). He will also be able to go back on the road as a long-haul truck driver (something DIL has fought he not do for a few years now). That means a bedroom that's rarely occupied is kept for when he does get *home-time*.

Today in Stress Management class we somehow got talking about the empty nest. ::sigh:: Looks like by the time I get it, I'll be way too old to enjoy it!

Off for a meeting with my business coach ... then a fun filled weekend studying for all these tests.

Ya'll have a good Friday and a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. deep breath in....and now out...and in, and think of elsie's attic....and out....and in....(now hold it....hoooold it.....are ya turning colors yet?.....how 'bout now?.....now?...okay, then now you can exhale!)(hey---took your mind off it, didn't it?)(and may i just say you look good when your face turns all red then blue like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks Amy! By the way ... Smurf blue is NOT my color!!

    Thinking of Elsie's Attic ... and studying ... breathing ... Elsie's ... studying ... breathe ... Elsie's ... studying ... breathe ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the poor thing! 25 hours a week? How does she live threw it? That poor girls need a vacation and a maid and a cook...oh and maybe a nanny, that should take the burden off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty, LOL! And that's just what she's trying to get ME to do! Ain't gonna happen ... the pay is peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I don't think I could handle living with DIL..sounds too much like having young kids and or teens at home..
    Empty nest......yes please I'll have one too thanks LOL

    ReplyDelete