The last day of school fast approaches. Monday. Yay. I'm so ready to move forward. Really. My finals didn't go too bad, for the most part. I think the worst I did was on my advertising class, and that should be a C. Not that the class was too hard or anything, it was just one of those classes. Ya know. Ah well.
No final exam on Monday. Well, we took it already. A week early. Teacher didn't feel like lecturing so he gave us the final exam instead. "Feel free to talk amongst yourselves, discuss your answers." A few of us worked on it together. I feel real good about that one, LOL. Gotta love group tests! LMAO
Graduation commencements will be at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Huge place, no having to worry about getting tickets for my guests due to limited seating. There's seating for everyone (and then some). Those who don't have front row seating may view the jumbo-screen television as their loved one trips on stage. And to remember the moment forever, there will be DVDs available by pre-order. Get yours today!
Whatd'ya wanna bet I'll be the one tripping across the stage? I'm klutzy like that.
Still waiting to hear about that job. I have to go through certification. Long boring story as to why it's not happened yet. Ah well, patience is a virtue, right?
Married Son, DIL and Grandson have no moved in yet. They are waiting for the stress of my finals to end (I haven't told them about Monday's final being done already LOL) before they bring chaos and confusion back into my life. How nice of them, right? Until then, my blogging material is pretty scarce.
Which may be a good thing. Typing is a bear these days. I'm not quite sure what I did (and no insurance to have it properly checked out) ... but I have weakness and numbness in my right ring and baby fingers. To the point that pressing the P key is a pain (oy, could I type any more Ps there?) Question marks are out of the question, as is most anything that requires a downward motion from the pinky. I did talk to a medical person I know and he believes it's either the ol' arthritis is acting up ... or ... the nerve pinch in my neck/shoulder is worst than I thought. Being a diabetic doesn't help.
Regardless, since I live in Michigan and no longer have children under 18 ... I DO NOT qualify for medicaid any more. Hmmmm, I didn't know I'd be miraculously healed when my youngest turning 18.
So ... anything else? Hmmmm ... let me take a sip of my Starbucks while I think ... nope not a thing. Ya, Starbucks. Me. Who'da thought? I don't usually buy over-priced coffee. Single Son wanted to go hang out at Starbucks but didn't wanna go alone. So he invited me. Even offered to pay for my coffee and a cookie for me. And it's not even Mother's Day yet! How sweet is that?

LOL... Starbucks. We had to write a paper called "Fixing Starbucks". Teacher liked my ideas, said I had some pretty radical ideas. LOL. Radical? I don't think so. More like realistic. Modeled after McDonald's business plan (which I've studied for my three years as a business mgt major, LOL). And don't knock McDonald's ... they've continued to make a profit during these economic difficult times - so you know they know their business. Anyway ...
I'd love to get paid for "Fixing Starbucks" ... I've got some damned good ideas, but I'm not sharing for free. LOL.
On that, I'm outta here. Hand is past being sore and tired. Coffee is getting cold.
Have a great weekend everybody!

Yeah it's been 10 months since I left my company.
ReplyDeletePhil, Good grief, I remember you blogging when you left. It's been that long already? Time really does fly. Hopefully another good job is on the horizon for you!
ReplyDeleteNothing is there for what I do. It's okay though. I have other plans.
ReplyDeleteLike my Grandma used to say ... when one door closes, another opens. Sounds like you've got it together.
ReplyDeleteI've been just relaxing since I left...I got a layoff and a slight retirement package.
ReplyDeleteSeems no time since you were planning your course, and here you are graduating and moving forward!
ReplyDeleteStrange how family's are, I can live easily with my youngest son (I know he's only 15) but we each do our own thing - my other son well, we can't deal with being together, he's been out of work for 6 months and driving me crazy as well as costing me a fortune, now he's starting a job on Tuesday and will be out of the way again (:
Getting older doesn't come without some 'wear and tear', hope the pain will ease. I don't know how we would cope without our NHS, as well as all medical treatment, because I'm on a low income I also get free dental treatment and subsidised optical. It's not all bad over here - another few years and I'll get a free bus pass, unless we get a new government!!!! Take care xx
Helen, the USA is in desperate need of Health care reform - but Obama's plan leaves too much to be desired. It won't give affordable health care to everyone, there will still be millions who will not fall into any type of coverage after all is said and done. Hopefully all will work out and I'll finally be back on some type of insurance. Until then, you'd laugh at how I'm typing. Half proper typing (left hand), half hunt and peck (right hand).
ReplyDeleteI hope your older son is able to move out quickly. Give you a much needed sanity break.
Luckily I get along with my sons living under the same roof (for the most part anyway). DIIL can be a challenge, but we're working on being able to better communicate. It's Alien who would drive me crazy under my roof again. But, considering how she left the house - and the fact she's with that loser still - it just ain't gonna happen.
Can you believe it's about to come to an end? College that is. I wonder what I'll do now that I'm forced to grow up. Wait ... I'm 50. I don't have to grow up if I don't want to. LOL!
ReplyDeleteSo, if you were to have another child? Just saying.....(ducks and runs)
Em, you better duck and run!
ReplyDeleteBut ... just supposing ... I'd 1) make YOU the godmother to the brat ... 2) name it some saintly name since it'd have to have been an immaculate conception ... and 3) Sue the hell outta the doctor that performed the tubal ligation he claimed he DID perform (besides, I WAS there, wth did he do if not that particular surgery).
Oh gosh, Lisa I'm 57 and definitely don't intend to ever grow up - my body may be showing signs of age, but my brain isn't lol xx
ReplyDeleteLOL! Helen Jo, my kids would argue that my brain is also showing signs of age.
ReplyDeleteI don't take any notice, I thought my mum was ancient when she was in her thirties - now she's nearing 80 I realise she hasn't changed much - physically maybe, but she still has a young head!
ReplyDelete