KUA

KUA

7/16/10

Friday and all's quiet.

Quiet, that peaceful time when DIL is gone. Married Son and Grandson, too. Single Son and I are enjoying the quiet. Almost too quiet, the ringing in my ears is all I hear besides the a/c. And Single Son goes to work in a few short hours, so I'll have the house all to myself.

The cats are out of hiding. All is normal. At least for today and most of tomorrow. Gotta love when the Monster Truck Rally is in town. They love the Rally. I do too, but only because I know they will be there and I won't. Saturday is the zoo with a bunch of their friends. Yay.

I thought I had made progress with the dish issue. I decided I'd let her see me do the dishes ... right after a family meal. DIL had cooked lemon chicken and spicy taters. Good food, she really can cook when she puts her mind to it. The deal was, she cooked. I cleaned up. Almost as soon as we'd finished eating, I got up and gathered all the dishes. Grandson helped me clear the table even. Grandson pulled a chair up to the sink to help me. Even he said, "Gee Gramma L, it sure is easy to clean the dishes tonight". Oh, Lordy!! My chance to throw a comment "in the air" so to speak. Hoped it landed on DIL. "It is, Honey. Because the food that's left on the plates doesn't have time to get hard." I swear I heard a grunt out of DIL.

In one ear, out the other and built up speed along that empty space on it's journey between her ears.

Today just before they're getting ready to leave for their day of Monster Trucking, she is at the sink, running the water. I'm thinking 'good, some of those comments to Grandson must have found some gray matter to attach itself to ... when she says "Mom there's knives in the sink. Be careful"

Dammit. You'd think that spending about ten minutes getting the water temperature just right and adding just the right amount of dish soap would have meant that she was actually going to spend three minutes washing the darned dishes. I should have known better.

I'm beginning to think that FlyLady isn't going to fly around her. What I need is a Kitchen Fairy with a bad attitude that is willing to cast a spell on DIL. Hmmm, what would be a good spell? I know ... her car won't start until she's done the dishes or cleaned up after herself. Or ... internet won't work on her computer until ... or her cell won't ring until ... or ... or ...

And yes, I will wash what she left in the sink. Right after I eat the leftovers from last night's dinner.

But first, I have to run to the store before Single Son has to go to work. For cost savings we're sharing a car right now. It works good, but I have to make sure I plan around his schedule.

Then it's home to peace and quiet. Work a little more on my sanctuary and then who knows? Maybe a little computer time? Frontierville and Farmville perhaps? Entering data into my genealogy program?

5 comments:

  1. send me a brick in frontierville and i will send it through her virtual windows with a note attached to it that says "do the dishes...or else!"

    (no, really, send me a brick, please!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ridiculously addicted to frontierville. I could use some ribbon! I hurry home from work, slap some dinner together, do my homeowrk, and jump on frontierville. What is it about that game??

    Sounds like subtle and even not so subtle hints are not going to work with DIL. I like the idea of the computer won't wirk until... though! Lol!

    Amy ~ I'll send you a brick! Oh and will you tell me about Spore? IP got it and I started to play it but she won't tell me what to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frontierville addicts please raise your hand!! Oh, I needed friends on my "Elsie Attic" fb for both farmville and frontierville ... so I created "Elsie McDuck". Feel free to add me - both of the Elsie accounts if you're not already on my list.

    I'll pass on Spore, though. Three farms and three homesteads and the offline games I play (Tradewinds 2, CSI and gawd only knows what else, LOL) and all the genealogy research I do anymore I really don't need another addiction!!

    I can only send paint and hand drills, Amy. But Ice Queen, a ribbon is on it's way to you as we speak... and yes, Amy, I like your idea of bouncing a brick off her head. Just don't do it around my windows, please, in case it bounces a little too far.

    Me, I need just about everything. Silly chicken coop is taking me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, as the saying goes ...

    That's what I get for thinking!

    ReplyDelete