KUA

KUA

7/28/10

Tuesday ...

And it's been a pretty quiet day. Then again, the three noise makers have been gone most of the day.

Spent part of the morning on Farmville, working coops that I had to harvest. Grandson wanted to help, but I told him that I didn't think it was fair that he could play my games and not give me a little goodnight kiss (he did that last night). Before I could say anything else, DIL pipes in with "See, I told you Son, you have to be nice if you want to play with Gramma."

I had an errand to run, so that got me out of the house while they were here. Got back to find the house empty, minus Single Son. But we hardly see him anyway, locked up in his room working his one office job.

From her facebook, I see that DIL took Grandson to the park, then to her parents after so she could work.

Well, we have the babysitting issued resolved. She finally figured that one out!

And of course when Married Son and Grandson got home all hell broke loose once again. Barely in the door, he's got his hands all over stuff. I had asked Grandson not to touch something, he did, Son ended up sending him straight to bed. But since it was after 11 PM when they got home, he should have been in bed anyway. Oh wait, bedtimes were MY rule. Seems that they don't have a bedtime for him, that it's after midnight most nights when he goes to bed. I don't envy her the job of trying to get him on a school schedule come the fall. He's gonna be one sleepy kindergartener!

So, it's been quiet again.

Tomorrow Grandson goes camping for four days with his Popa. My only regret is that DIL isn't going. I could use four days of quiet.

I was going to go to Port Huron tomorrow to see if I can find out about this cousin's great- great grandmother. Or was it just one great? I don't remember, lol. Anyway ... I was going to go but between the storms that are forecast for tomorrow and the fact I can't seem to find the registration and proof of insurance for my car ... well, that's tomorrow's priority now. I guess Port Huron will wait until Friday.

And how did I discover the papers are missing on my car? I didn't. Single Son did. And how, pray tell did he discover this? Well... Single Son ... the resident cop, got pulled over by the cops for speeding today!! Yes, even cops break traffic laws. He couldn't find the paperwork, but since he was pulled over by a county deputy with an obvious sense of humor he was let off without a ticket (lucky him). However, he had to tell the deputy who owned the car. He went through about four names before he got it right (he didn't know my dad owns it, lol). And having the deputy check through the police computer system that he is actually a cop didn't hurt either.

I don't have the luxury of being in a cop computer system as a fellow officer, and they don't keep records on cop moms, so I need to find those papers.

Odd thing is ... they were in the car last I saw them. I know, you're not supposed to keep them in your car, but in your wallet ... but it's easier than passing them to Single Son every time he borrows my car. Technically we're sharing my car now, so it got to be a huge pain in the behind ... so, in the car they went.

And I get to be the one to look for them. Because he can't seem to find anything ... For someone who can be at a crime-scene and not miss a detail, at home he notices nothing. Why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment