KUA

KUA

9/21/10

Tuesday Thoughts

Not even going to try a ten thoughts Tuesday today. I'd fall woefully short.

It's been a lousy few days. My furbuddy Spot and his momma Shimera are gone, effective this morning some time. See, they'd taken to peeing on the Wrecking Crews stuff. Oh, sure DIL deserved it - she'd yell and scream at the cats for doing things cats do. I don't blame them, in a way, for seeking revenge on the wicked human lady ... but peeing is peeing. Then sometime over the weekend Spot took to peeing on my carpeting. Totally unacceptable.

As much as I hated to do it, they had to go. There's a great no-kill shelter not too far from here, so Married Son took them in. I couldn't do it, as it is I'm upset about having to give them up, there's no way I could have handled the stress of taking them in. I'm hoping that once they're placed in loving (no stress hopefully) homes the problems will cease and they'll remember their kitty litter box training.

So ... when I woke up this morning I find a note on the kitchen table saying "cats are gone", in DILs writing. She's never been a cat person, but she sure as hell could have not put that damned smiley face on the note.

Then just to add insult to injury ... I hear DIL yell for Married Son from the basement. He was busy, and didn't come immediately so she just kept screaming for him. Finally after a few minutes she finally says "get down here, NOW, the dryer is ON FIRE".

WTF? Hello? At some point (two seconds maybe) shouldn't you have been yelling FIRE so anyone who can think in an emergency (not you, but the rest of us here) can do something about it? Like PULL THE PLUG and someone else grabs the fire extinguisher?

We knew she wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but really!!

Turns out it wasn't the dryer, it was a torch lamp in Single Son's room (which shares space with the laundry room). It smelled like rotten eggs! After a "police investigation" it was discovered to be a huge moth that our resident cop had been trying to kill last night with no success. It had taken up hiding in the lamp and when DIL turned the lamp on to do laundry it fried the moth.

BUT, I told her before the dryer was to be used it needed to be cleaned! So, pulling out the dryer we tore it apart and cleaned it but good.

I'm proud of myself, I didn't choke the living crap out of her. If she'd said one more time "if Single Son would learn to clean the dryer trap this wouldn't have happened" I may have wrapped the vacuum hose around her ever lovin' neck. Hello? First off, he DOES clean it, you are the one who doesn't (if you want to nitpick) and second ... there was no fire in the freaking dryer!

Got that situated only to have the phone ring ... it's her mother, "do you realize there's only half a day of school tomorrow". Oh, hell NO! I am not watching Grandson for three hours so she can work. Her mother can, or she can call off work. Latest I've heard is that she called out for tomorrow.

And tomorrow I get to see Butterball!! I didn't get to babysit him last week, I miss the little turd. He does wear me out, though.

Tonight's the premier of "Detroit 1-8-7". I can't wait!! It's been big news here for a while, a crime show based out of Detroit ... controversial, to say the least, here in our local news. But I'm liking what previews I've seen so far.

Should be a nice ending to a stress filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment