KUA

KUA

9/25/10

Saturday's Gossip, LOL

So, I finally changed my front page quote. Seems to go along with what I'm feeling lately, about humor ... check it out ... lol ...

Laughter rises out of tragedy, when you need it the most, and rewards you for your courage.

Erma Bombeck.

What a great lady she was. I really do miss her.

So ... today's blog topic is brought to you courtesy of Bubba.

Alien received a snail mail letter on September 21, from her father, Bubba. So did everyone in his address book. Amazing fact that he even kept an address book, but that's really beside the point here (he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer).

Sooooo ... the letter ... it was mailed out so that it would arrive at its destination(s) on a certain day, the day being the above mentioned date. It was a general letter to all about how he and his honey had eloped on that very date (Sept 21). Yes, eloped!! I guess he didn't have the courage to tell anyone face to face that he and the Dragon Lady had eloped (dragon lady being Alien's name for her). From what I have heard, no one likes this woman, and I mean no one.

Eloped. Hmmmmmm. Dumbass.

Screwed up forever and always any chance of his daughter (or parents, siblings, etc) ever wanting him in their lives again. As Alien put it ... "after all he's done to me lately, the love he hasn't shown me, the way he's tossed me away like the weekly garbage, this latest stunt is the icing on the cake, Mom. He's forever dead to me. I know I said it before, but what he's done - by marrying a woman that forbids any contact with his own daughter - he's dead and buried."

To the point she's considering a legal name change ... to MY last name.

*****

I called Mom to tell her about Bubba. She knows my policy is "he's an ex and I really could care less about what he does now", but I know how she loves gossip and all. She tells me that Brother Deere had the *pleasure* of meeting this Dragon Lady ... sort of. Brother Deere works for the same government agency Bubba does, only they're in different divisions so Mom gets most of her Bubba gossip from Brother Deere.

Anyway, Brother Deere is at the recycling plant Bubba works at and Dragon Lady was there for some reason. Brother says he was sickened by the "adolescent behavior" they displayed in public ... necking and practically pawing at each other the entire time. Brother Deere was so put off he had to leave the area.

He doesn't know if it was because of the fact she's at least twenty years older than Bubba is (and homely according to Brother), or if it's because she was in a crisp white nurses uniform while he was wearing his garbage stained recycling brown uniform ... either way ... his stomach was turning at the display before him. He really wants to know where she works so he can avoid the office/clinic/hospital in which he's positive that sanitary white uniform is anything but sanitary!!

I can't say as I blame him there.

*****

I have yet to see the letter. I did ask Alien to bring it with her the next time I sit Butterball. For some odd reason, I'm really curious about the contents of this letter. As a rule, I really don't care about what my ex husbands are doing, they're exes for a reason. Out of my life ... or as my grandmother, Gigi, used to say "out of sight, out of mind".

Or he'd be out of my mind if he'd stop hurting MY daughter so much.

*****

Through all of it, I'm not thinking ill thoughts of him or Dragon Lady ... that's not my place to judge. They'll be judged by a much Higher Authority for what they've done to the people in their lives.

And besides ... Karma's a bitch.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'm sorry but I'm smiling at this, can't believe anyone would send a letter like that! The vision you've conjured just makes me think that you and Alien are soooo better off without him!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, thanks. Alien IS better off without him in her life. I severed all ties with him after she turned 18 and I no longer had legal ties to the fool.

    I still haven't seen the letter a week later. I "called out sick" from watching Butterball today as I don't want to spread my cooties to him!!

    ReplyDelete