Today is Alien's 19th birthday. I was about to call her when she called me, looking for handouts. Money this time. Usually it's food or diapers she's looking to get from me. She didn't say what the money was for, but since I'm short on funds myself, I am not handing out any donations at this point.
We never did find what hit the house the other night. There's a pile of branches on the side of the house that my brother stacked (and is supposed to remove) and from the sound of the thud the other night, it's quite possible it's on that stack of wood (if indeed it was a branch that fell). Since I hadn't memorized what the wood pile looked like, it's quite possible an addition was made to it. LOL.
I was bored today so I googled my house today. Even did a screen capture of it. See??
The yellow box is the approximate line of my tiny city property! Yes, there's a house under all those trees. You can see the black roof there if you look carefully! You can tell by the shadows that those are some tall trees, most 60 feet or more in height. You can even see the dead tree in my backyard if you look super close ... the last major tree to fall - the one from a previous blog.
I mentioned something in a past blog about a cousin of mine getting me involved in that swagbucks search engine. I just cashed in some of my swagbucks for two $5 amazon.com gift cards. Which in turn, I bought a book with. The book should be here within the next two weeks. Hey, I'm not wasting my swagbucks on express delivery. And yes, it paid for my delivery, too. Free books! Can't go wrong with that!!
So ... that's about it from here in my little neck of the woods.
I should probably head up to the grocery store. I need an ingredient for dinner tonight ... pierogi and keilbasa. Seems someone (won't say who) helped themselves to the last of my tub of butter - and I need some for baking pierogi.

(looks at frozen pizza...looks at "pierogi and kielbasa"...looks at frozen pizza....packs a change of clothes, driving to lisa's for supper!)
ReplyDeletePanics ... makes a mad dash to clean off table space for Amy ... looks around ... oh, no! the Wrecking Crew has boxes full of crap all over the living room ... hmmmmmm ... maybe I can set up the portable picnic table under the trees, grab some candles and call it an outdoor Autumn dinner?
ReplyDeleteYou'd like the way I make peirogi, too ... well, Mrs T started it ... I only doctor it up a bit.
Fell asleep waiting for my turn in the bathroom (you know, can't go out of the house looking like THIS) ... just now woke up ... dinner will be late, as I still need to run to the store for butter, garlic and ... oh, damn ... where's my list?
:)
ReplyDeleteYum ... dinner turned out great ... sorry you didn't get here in time! ;)
ReplyDeleteKeilbasa boiled while I prepared the pierogi ... sprayed a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, then placed on cookie sheet so the straight side of one touched straight side of a second pierogi (making a circle of sorts), placed a heaping teaspoon of margarine in the center of each *circle* of pierogi, sprinkled my favorite seasoning (garlic, dehydrated onion, seasoned salt and parsley) over all and baked according to box instructions ... but not before placing the keilbasa on the cookie sheet for additional cooking. Yum!!
Oh yeah ... when I got home from the store Single Son was slaving away cleaning the kitchen!! He wasn't asked to do it, but he did a fine job. He needs to show DIL how to clean counters ... he even picked up the toaster and coffee pot and cleaned under them. Bless his little heart!! Glad I bought him that box of donuts, little did I know they'd be a reward for a job well done!