Drats. I had a cute title for today's blog and forgot it by the time I logged on. Geesh.
They say the mind is the second thing to go. I forgot what the first was.
*****
Finally got a call-back from one of the trillions of places I've applied to. Okay, maybe not trillions, but it seems that way ...
I have my interview on Wednesday at 9 AM. But tomorrow (Tuesday) I have to go into the store to their computer kiosk to fill out part two of their application process. The hard part ... the psychological tests. You know the ones ... "what do you do if ... "... you're robbed?" (cooperate) "... if you see someone shoplifting?" (inform loss prevention) "... if you see a store associate take something?" (call a manager and/or loss prevention) ... etc. Only they never make the questions that cut and dry.
Now I'm not a dummy by any measure, but those tests have me questioning my ability to understand the English language by the time it's over. And definitely questioning my sanity, too!
So, I'll keep you posted on the progress this makes. And then I'll tell you who the company is ... I'm not gonna jinx it by saying who it is just now.
*****
I sold another textbook yesterday. Yay! One more down, lots more to go! I went to ship it off today. As I'm pulling into the store parking lot who do I see but the Wrecking Crew coming out of the store. Married Son comes up to where I'm parking and wants to chat for a few minutes. In his hands what do I see but the current edition of "Apartment Guide". Oh, could it be? They're finally looking? He's trying to hide it behind a copy of the truck buyer's guide, but he failed miserably. "Oh, so you're looking to move. When?" "I dunno." "Well make sure you pay me back what you owe me before you do". "Yes, Mother. You're my first priority"
Talk about sarcasm!! He wouldn't know priority or responsibility if it bit him in the arse.
But while we were talking ... DIL and Grandson were off at the back of my car. When I asked Son about when they were moving I swore I heard her say "Not soon enough".
And that's fine. She's not thrilled living here. And we all know how I feel about it, too. The sooner they move the better.
*****
The next two days are supposed to be pretty hairy around here. Storms and lots of high winds of upwards of 60 miles or more. Great. I hate windstorms anymore. I don't think I need to say why, LOL. Gonna be a loooooong few days around here!!
But with the job interview it won't be all that bad.
Right?

Really hope the interview goes well for you!
ReplyDeleteAlso hope the family find somewhere to live soon xx
Helen, thanks!! I hope it does, too ... we'll find out tomorrow morning.
ReplyDeleteThe psych tests weren't what I expected. Six or so questions with "what is the best thing to do" and a matching "what is the worst thing to do" scenerios. Not really so much psychological as moral questions. Easy stuff to a person who's been in retail (cashier or customer service) since she was 14. Common sense really.
Thanks, too, in your hopes that the Wrecking Crew moves on soon.
A paycheck and a truck to move their belongings... now that'd make my Christmas!!