KUA

KUA

10/11/10

Monday Musings ...

Did I say no drama lately? Why do I do this to myself ... you know ... say it's quiet and dull and then all hell breaks loose. Yup. I did it to myself again ... jinxed myself.

So last week the story was that my Mom was all for the Loser ... after all, he hasn't abandoned Alien or the baby. That I need to ease up on him and give him a little credit ... that maybe he'll get a job. After all, I of all people should know how hard it is to find a job 'round here. That he may not financially support his little family but he sure helps her with the house and the baby.

Then there's today ... Mom called Alien about Alien's birthday party coming up next Sunday. Alien tells Mom she's pregnant. Shit hit the fan. Mom spent a good fifteen minutes chewing Alien out. Big time. He's a loser. She's irresponsible. She'll never be anything with that Loser in her life, and two babies to care for. Who's going to support this baby when they can't afford one child, let alone two. Doesn't she worry he'll beat the baby (babies) the way she has been beaten?

Then Mom calls me. Needless to say the party has been cancelled. Mom said she just can't host anything right now, especially where Alien is concerned.

They live on a lake, and I'm sure she'd be pushing bodies into the water. Mine included. Yes, she's furious with me, too, because Alien is pregnant. Ummmmm ... I'm not too thrilled either, but I sure wasn't responsible for her pregnancy. Geesh.

So ... we'll see how the next few months go. Should prove to be interesting, especially with the holidays coming up. My gift list may shrink down to practically nothing at this rate. Well, besides my kids and grandkids anyway.

*****

On a funny note ... DIL ... always a source of entertainment around the house (and in my blog) posted today on facebook that today was a day of laundry and ironing.

Ironing? She knows how to iron??

Wait!! There's NO iron here ... hasn't been an iron in this house for three or four years. Not since the Gremlin *accidentally* melted some type of plastic to the iron, rendering it useless.

But then, we've long known her talents for *spinning a good yarn* or two ...

2 comments:

  1. I kinda sorta got to hand it to your Mom for telling it like it is....(well not the being pissed at you part) but the rest. Bit easier for grandparents to be in your face honest cause they have a bit more distance from the situation. Her yelling at you is out of frustration and she might even be a bit embarassed for telling you to be nicer to him.


    Love the no iron thing.....but perhaps she has one of her own and is hiding it from you and your gremlin - nows your chance - do you need anything ironed - maybe she'll do it for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, that's my mom .... she tells it like it is. She's always been that way. But you're sooo right, having Grandma tell it like it is, is really a lot easier. I have no doubt she said the things that I haven't said because I am really too close to the situation.

    She probably said the same things that she said to me thirty some years ago when I got pregnant with Single Son out of wedlock. We didn't speak for almost a year, and started only to talk again once Single Son was born and got so sick after birth. Which is why I keep my mouth shut a lot when dealing with the Alien ... I don't want the relationship with my daughter that my mother and I had for so many years.

    ...

    Nope, no iron here. At least we'd think I'd have seen an ironing board set up somewhere. About the only wrinkle remover I know of is my travel steamer, and that's in my closet ... I think. ::checking:: Yup, it's still there. Ah well, we can chalk this up to either an active imagination, a hallucination, or too much booze on Saturday night. LOL.

    ReplyDelete