KUA

KUA

10/10/10

Where has the week gone?

I dunno, but I know it's almost a week since my last blog. No reason for not blogging, other than a three day wicked headache. Aspirin helps, but I hate popping pills for any reason.

Let's see ... this week didn't bring a whole lot of excitement. This is a good thing, right?

Wednesday I watched Butterball for only a few hours. He's really close to walking ... scary, scary!! Grandson was really a monster that day ... taking great pleasure in knocking Butterball down, or throwing the big bouncy ball at him. DIL was upstairs sleeping, so I disciplined Grandson. Sent him to their room until he could act properly. DIL got pissed that I sent him to their room, but oh well ... I had to protect Butterball from injury.

Thursday I got a call from Alien. She wanted the non-emergency phone number for the police department. Seems she's fed up with Loser and he won't leave, so she was going to have the police remove him. I don't know if she followed through and made the phone call, I haven't talked to her since.

Friday my best friend called me. She and her mother were in town and wanted to meet up with me and my folks. Last minute her mom decided to stay with her brother for the weekend. Drats, I love her mom, hopefully next trip down I'll get to see her. Or ... I'll have to figure a way to make the trip up to see them.

So, Saturday I got to meet up with Loula Belle (as my dad used to call her back in the old days) and another friend, Merd, whom I haven't seen in decades. Nice visit, but too short (two hours). My folks enjoyed seeing Lou, too ... oh, and Merd took pictures of Lou and me together. I'm waiting on the email from Merd ... then I can finally show off my new haircut, LOL.

After they left my folks condo Mom and I talked about the house. Yes, the house. We're going to start where we left off remodeling next spring. That gives me the winter to get it organized and clutter free. Us, really ... if I have to sort through anyone else's crap, I'm just going to toss it. So ... you snooze you lose so to speak.

Mom's talking again about selling. Not immediately, but within the next two to five years. Origionally she was going to give the house to me (per her accountants advice) but she realizes I am not a homeowner. She's right, I'm a renter ... I've owned my own home before and hated it. Lawns, snow removal, replacing appliances, even maintenance. I prefer someone else to have to do those things that I can't do!! Nope, the great American Dream of home ownership has never been one of my dreams. Some of us just aren't cut out to be homeowners, and I am one. Doesn't bother me a bit, either.

Besides, this neighborhood has been deteriorating for the last few years. The death of the local mall seems to have really taken it's toll on the neighborhood. It's still not too bad, yet. There are still some good people here ... but our property values are dropping faster (because of the dead mall and vacant businesses all up and down the corridor) than they are in other areas.

Mom asked where I'd move to when the time comes. I told her I wasn't sure, but there were a few apartment complexes locally that I'd be looking into. She shakes her head *no* a little to enthuasiastially ... and adds, "that's too close, how about something in Port Huron ... or ... Florida?" My mother loves to joke around, but this time I really think she was serious! Which is fine. There's a complex just south of Port Huron that I'd love to live in! Right on the river ... beautiful and affordable, too!

But that's down the road ... two years to five years away.

That gives the Wrecking Crew more than enough time to find a new place to live. Speaking of, now that Married Son is working for FedEx, with his territory being about thirty miles north of here, they've been whispering about moving to that area. After they pay off their debt to me, or so Married Son says.

Next Friday is Alien's 19th Birthday. We'll have her party at my folks condo on Sunday, when everyone can be there. She hasn't yet told my parents she's pregnant again ... so I imagine the party will be quite a memorable one.

Hopefully I'll blog before then. This really trying to get back into the swing of blogging is harder than I thought it'd be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment