On October 15th I ordered that Sidetracked Home Executive book from amazon.com ... and it came today!! That was quick! A little too quick! It wasn't due in until November 8. I thought I had plenty of time to finish reading my FlyLady book before the new book arrived.
Ah well ... I've added it to the head of the queue of waiting-to-be-read books. It's an understatement to say it's a long queue - there's literally dozens of books on that list of waiting-to-be-read books ... and one day I'll actually have the time, peace and quiet to make a dent in it!
*****
So, Mom just called me to tell me about a job opening she'd read about in their local paper. They're looking for "mature, reliable workers". Mature, yup, that'd be me. It's a job in a donut shop. Great, just what I need ... my fat diabetic arse working in a sugary environment like that - talk about the need for will-power, eh? Single Son would love it, though. What's better than a cop having a family member work in a donut shop? One that's on his way into to work, no less. LOL. I've worked for this company before (Tim Horton's). Not a bad place to work and speaking from experience the desire for sweets goes away after the first few days, LOL ... so tomorrow I go in and fill out an application. Not gonna take a resume with me, just my job history worksheet so I can fill in the app blanks.

good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy!!
ReplyDeleteI'll be soooo glad when I can finally say "hey, I got a job" instead of saying I've got yet another application filled out and submitted.