KUA

KUA

7/14/11

Last call

Well, it's over. Done. Finished. I've had it ...

The last conversation we had was a few days ago. It's taken me this long to blog about it 'cause I was just so angry at his words. I needed to calm down.

He met Single Son at the fireworks. Seemed that the conversation went well, Single Son was personable and friendly as usual. Later, on the phone, I find out that Cap thought he was an arrogant arsehole. I asked Cap why he thought that, "his chest was all puffed out, his eyes wandered all around while we talked, and he just seemed better than anyone around." Hello? Asshole! He was ON DUTY, of course his chest looked puffed out - he was wearing a bullet proof vest. Moron. And as far as looking around, again he was on duty and had to keep an eye on the crowds, that is his JOB! And better than anyone else? You put on a police uniform to protect the public and see how if you don't have the right attitude it can get you killed.

But that's not the part that really pissed me off.

I was talking to him on the house phone. My cell phone rang. It was Alien. I told him I had to go, that she was on the phone. "Why would you want to hang up with me to talk to that slut". Excuse me? Who's the arrogant asshole now? I hung up on him. Haven't talked to him since!

Who the *##!$ does he think he is? Judge MY daughter ... judge anyone for that matter. Okay she's young and has made a few mistakes, but to call her that! The nerve!!

He did leave a half dozen messages on my yahoo messenger later that night, the last being ... "so you want to play hide/seekwell it takes 2 to play that game" (is it me or does that just sound angry?)

My response ... "I'm not playing hide and seek, or any other game. But the more I get to know you the more I realize that, while I'm sure you're probably a nice guy, you and I don't have a future together. I wish you well and hope you find what it is you're looking for."

I thought that was a nice way to tell him goodbye. Nope. Jerk hasn't gotten the message that it's over ... or ... he understands but won't let this go so easily. He's called twice since. But I'm not answering when I see it's him. He's left messages "Hi. This is Cap. Would you like to go out to dinner tonight. Call back" The other message was about the concert in the park. What isn't he understanding here?

Next time he calls, I pick it up. I am prepared to get rude with him to make sure he understands. Don't call. Don't email. Don't contact. Remove my contact information from your devices, remove ME from your memory.

*****
More blog later. Alien, the boys, her hubby and I are going to a concert in the park shortly (different park, different city!) ... there's a Beatles Tribute band that Alien and I absolutely LOVE that is performing tonight ... "SHOUT" is their name!! I'm geeked. Can't wait!


5 comments:

  1. one word: DAMN! (and wow, even)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words - Control Freak. I don't think picking up the phone is going to do any good....he's just going to want to try to convince you that you are wrong and if he can't, then he's going to turn it around and dump you. Personally, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction - but its your call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd give him the satisfaction, if it meant closing the door on it all. but...the guy has known anger issues, so please make sure single son has all cap's info before you be rude to him...just in case it turns ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you mention that. Single Son DID take down his license plate number the night of the fireworks. He does it with everyone I've ever dated, lol. He won't run it for any reason UNLESS there's trouble.

    Having been married to a control freak with anger issues (now that's an understatement, LOL) I'm well aware of the way they try to win you back only to guilt you into thinking it's your fault when they beat you senseless before they dump you ... or how they'll lie to anyone who listens what a bitch you are and that they dumped your pathetic being ... it's part of their delusions of their narrow little worlds being perfect and how the evil witch tried to ruin it. Well, I'm not after ruining his world, but I sure don't want to be a part of it either!!

    Not answering the phone could more than likely feed into his little fantasy. Telling him "what part of DONE don't you understand? I don't want to see you ever again. No more contact. Period." will actually help me in the long run should I have to file any type of charges against him. Having a witness to those calls (an off duty cop, or even DIL) will only work in my favor. Think ahead. Cover all angles. Probably won't have to act on anything, but it's always good to have records just in case.

    ReplyDelete