KUA

KUA

10/18/07

Random Thoughts ...

Thursday Ramblings ...

1) Anyone living in Northern Oakland County (MI) beware - my Alien starts driver's education in two weeks. She actually knows how to drive a car, driver's ed is just a formality so she can get her license finally - all nice and legal like. Nice thing about having much older sons, I didn't have to risk life or limb teaching her to drive!

2) I just love classmates.com! Brought my friend Tiger back into my life. Now I've found an old friend who moved away when we were in middle school. She's definitely been on the top of that "whatever happened to?" list!! I wrote her an email yesterday. Hoping to hear from her soon.

3) Speaking of Tiger, lol. We're planning on another get together soon. Not sure where or when yet, as we're trying to compile a list of our old friends we'd like to include in a reunion of sorts.

4) Married Son didn't start that local hauling job after all. A chance encounter with a former coworker of mine who now owns his own *cartage* (hauling) company, and Married Son will now be working for him. This is another long haul job, but "Taz", the owner, is one of those guys who believes in families and family time (unlike the old trucking company!). He'll be home alternating weekends, all holidays, and any special family occasion. The pay is the same as the old company was, but Married Son will no longer have operating expenses that he had with leasing his own vehicle.

5) For years now Alien has been pestering me to get her nose pierced. I kept telling her to think about it, and *if* she really still wanted it, we'd go on her 16th birthday and get her nose pierced. Monday (Oct. 15) was her 16th birthday. After school today we went to the tatttoo parlor where she got her nose pierced!! She was a real trooper, too. She barely cringed!! I've wanted to get my nose pierced since high school ... maybe now I will. Hmmmmmm ...

6) Married Son, DIL and Grandson went with us to get Alien's nose pierced. They didn't want to miss the fun, lol. Before we left DIL was checking out some of my cartoons. She came up with a great idea! A coloring book for Grandson, all with Grandma's cartoons. I think it's a great idea!! I've decided that after cartooning class is over, I'll keep up with a few drawings a week. If nothing else, Grandson will have a hell of a special coloring book.

7) Still working on my midterms. I really need to find a couple of hours where I can concentrate on cleaning the house this weekend. What a study break, eh? Put down the books for a scrub bucket and rags. Fun. Oh well, it's gotta be done again. And something always makes it easier to study in a clean environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment