Christmas Eve my computer died. No warning, just poof, there it goes. Single Son took it apart last night to see if he could fix it. Nope, can't be salvaged. Seems there'd been at least one fire inside the tower. There were charred dust bunnies all over! Let my experience be a lesson to ya'll ... thoroughly dust the inside of your computers every few months!
Luckily we had an extra computer here. Single Son installed my old hard drive into the computer I'm now using. Thankfully I didn't lose any of my files!
Christmas went okay, I guess. I haven't been feeling good lately, and woke up Christmas morning to feeling worse than usual. Besides feeling like crap I had to deal with the disfunctional family who was at their finest this year. Needless to say, it's another holiday I'm sad to say I'm glad is over!! I'll spare ya'll the boring details, really. I think I was actually glad to claim I wasn't feeling well so I could get out of there early!!
I'm always complaining that I can't see the buttons on the remote control, so Married Son fixed me but good. For Christmas he gave me a giant remote control. And I mean it's HUGE. Yup, that's a pic of it below. So big it takes two hands to use it. I laughed until I cried when I saw it. Paybacks war is on!!
Other gifts this year included gifts of cash and checks, clothing, a fuzzy lap robe, computer games, and a beaded key ring.
I still don't know if my grant transfered from Baker to OCC. I won't know until January 2 when I go to OCC. Hopefully I'll be able to register for classes that day.
Still no word on when surgery will be. My glucose counts aren't anywhere near where the doctors feel comfortable doing surgery. I really want to get this stuff fixed but to be honest the thought of being a diabetic and having major surgery scares the hell out of me. I may be justified in feeling scared, but the surgeon that will do the surgery actually specializes in diabetic surgery. I know I'm in good hands.
No big plans here for New Years. The kids all have plans. So it'll just be me and the cats here on New Year's Eve.
Hoping ya'll have a safe and Happy New Year!!


I wish I had a great joke to make you smile =) After dinner maybe I'll tell you my all time favorite joke It will make you roll your eyes not laugh but I love it. Here's a little joke Superman tortured me with for years when he was younger.
ReplyDeleteLisa did you know you have a Ball in your eye............ Yes you do
your
EYEBALL
I"m sorry for your loss. Good thing you had a spare available, cause this is no time to be computerless. New Years with the furkids could be great fun, especially if you break out the catnip. And I bet you'll never lose that remote
ReplyDeleteLOL on the payback war! I want to hear all the details of how ya got him when the time comes. Praying your surgery will be quick and relief will be forthcoming soon! HUGS
ReplyDeleteThanks for the warning about dusting the inside of computers. I've been using my laptop lately but my PC is just sitting upstairs collecting dust. I will be dusting it tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteHope you can get that surgery scheduled soon so you can start feeling better. What a way to start out a new year! Bummer!!
I got one of those remotes for xmas last year from my elder uncle. What a &*(&%^$# thoughtful gift.
ReplyDeleteAt the moment, I feel so horrible for not being 'around'. I have been in one of those 'places' that tends to make my life feel pretty pathetic and I don't want to bring anyone down with me...so, I stay away.
ReplyDeleteAt least your son has a good sense of humor.... I can see your humor in him even though we've never met...lol! My hubby is always bitching about losing the remote and I actually wanted to get him one of those BIG remotes...just so he didn't have an excuse...he'd lose that one too tho...hahahaha! I love you hun...and I'm sorry that you are having these probs... I'm gonna wish you a Happy New Year and I truly hope that things work out better for you this year! MWAH!
Dust and computers are not a good mix.... dont forget people if ya gonna dust it yoourself make sure you earth yourself or the box cause you can hurt it more lol.
ReplyDeleteThe remote is cool, I might need one of them soon hahaha kids are soo smart sometimes, too smart for there own good maybe.
Hope the surgery can go ahead soon safely and get you all better again. Hugs!!
Fires? So scary! I'm glad your other computer is now up and working and that you didn't lose anything! Also, I really hope your blood sugar gets lower...AND SOON! It's scary to have it too high! I gave up sugar and flour to lose weight and now just a little sugar makes me SICK! Like HANGOVER SICK!!! It's a blessing and a curse, I tell ya!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that new remote! That would be a lot harder for us to lose around here, but I'm sure my girls would find a way!
Have a happy New Year!