Alrighty, I know I'm a day late, but it's finally done!!!!
This week's theme was provided by Compromised . . . click here for Compromised's Multiply page.
We are in the midst of the holiday season . . . and although Christmas holiday and the legacy of Santa Claus have been the featured holiday, the Friday Five understands there are many other holidays celebrated around this time of year. There was no intention to omit any holiday or group from participating . . .
Using Christmas only as an example . . .
1. When do you begin your shopping?
Typically when I have enough funds to go shopping. I'll grab a gift here, or there, throughout the year if I find something really good on sale, otherwise I usally cash my birthday checks (Dec. 19) and then go shopping.
2. When do you put up decorations?
This year I didn't decorate. But in the past, we start decorating the first week of December. The tree traditionally is put up on my birthday, and taken down on January 5, my brother's birthday.
3. What was the best gift you ever received?
I've had a lot of great presents, but the most sentimental is a *peridot* ring my brother gave me when he was still alive (I realize the deceased don't give gifts, so that statement does sound a bit odd). It was just an inexpensive little thing, he was in college and couldn't afford much. He felt bad he couldn't afford more. But I still wore that ring like it was the most cherished thing I owned. He's long gone now, the metal on the ring has flaked. I'm planning on having those stones reset into a new band soon.
4. What was the most awful gift you ever received?
I was a teenager. I got the ugliest sweater I ever saw ... don't think I ever wore it either. So glad some of those color schemes are out! LOL!
5. What was your most memorable Christmas? The year my son was born. He was six weeks old, in the hospital after just having had surgery for "pyloric stenosis". It was touch and go for a while, but after ten days he was allowed to come home. 28 years later, he's fine.
If you would like to participate in the Friday 5:
Copy the questions and post your answers to your blog,
Leave a comment on the page at The Friday Five @ 360
or The Friday Five @ Multiply to let others know your post is up so they can visit your blog..
You can participate at either page or both, the choice is yours.
Fun, easy, and no time limit.
Let's Play !!
No comments:
Post a Comment