I've been following everyone blogs. Haven't really left comments to many, not sure why either. Just know I'm not ignoring ya'll ...
I did get the chance yesterday to go to dinner with Married Son, DIL and Grandson. Also got to meet the guy that Married Son has hired to be a pilot driver with me, Taco they call him. Nice guy. Has some real good ideas for piloting. Taco's gonna be a great asset to the company. We managed to settle a huge debate, too. Married Son wanted to go with pick-up trucks for our pilot vehicles. I'm more concerned with the cost of gasoline and maintenance expenses and wanted to go with a suitable car. Sort of a cross-over type vehicle. DIL kept recommending we look into the Pontiac Vibe. Finally yesterday we did. I'm. In. Love!! OMG!! I so love the Vibe!! Nice little cross-over vehicle, gets about 32 miles highway mileage, AND has the cargo space we need for our pilot "kit", mobile "desk", radios, coolers and overnight bags. Since our first vehicles will be pre-owned, we really can't be overly picky on colors, but eventually I want a nice (highly visible) yellow Vibe.
Oh yeah, speaking of the pilot business that reminds me ... add "design business logo" to my list of must do's this weekend!! Not sure what I'm thinking design wise. "Platinum Pilot Cars, Inc" doesn't warrant itself to a lot of logo possibilities, at least nothing that I can think right now. Then again, I've got business econ, computer programming and a bunch of homework projects clouding my thoughts at the moment.
I really do need to head up to the store before I get back to studying. Running dangerously low on caffeine, lol. I've also had a craving since last night for "personal pizzas". When the kids were little they used to love personal pizzas. Really it's nothing more than bread with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice warmed in the oven until the cheese has melted. Since bread is a huge no-no for me now I've been making them on diabetic crackers. LOL. Actually it's pretty good. Can't taste the blandness of the diabetic crackers with all those yummy toppings sitting on it. And the carbs are greatly reduced. It's a challenge, though, trying to get the toppings to stay on a little two-bite sized cracker!
I should also gather the pop bottles and take them back to the store today, too. Michigan has a ten cent bottle refund. I have five garbage bags full of two-litre bottles!! I'm figuring there's a good twenty bucks in bottles sitting on my deck right now. LOL. Getting them all into my little Grand Am might present a problem, though.
Procrastinated long enough. Guess I really should get off my butt, get to the store and then back to the studying. Ah, all this excitement ...

OMG I bought a 2008 light blue Pontiac Vibe today I'm not kidding won't get it til next week I love the VIBE
ReplyDeleteOMG, Cassie ... too funny! Of all the cars out there you coulda bought ... LOL!! We're looking into pre-owned for now. May end up that when we buy new "fleet" vehicles I'll have the Vibe as my personal vehicle. At least that's what I'm hoping! LOL! You so gotta tell me how you like it once you've had it for a while! I can use your *testimony* as my final argument to my son as to why the Vibe is the perfect pilot vehicle. Hehehehe .... HUGS!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you really are getting your business ideas moving, it sounds so exciting but I'm sure it's going to be hard work!
ReplyDeleteHelen, the business has been a while in the planning. I'm getting excited now that it's getting so much closer to being reality!! Married Son and Taco will be the first two on the road - looking like the end of April they'll be actively piloting. I'll join 'em for my training after my semester ends in late April and I've had my most recent health issues resolved. Nope, haven't blogged about those ... I'm getting as sick of blogging about bad health as I'm sure ya'll are about hearing about it, LOL!! I just wanna get healthy, get the semester over and get on the road!! Hugs!!
ReplyDelete