KUA

KUA

3/18/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday



Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...

1) Survived the night at my folks house. Mom's home from surgery - recovering comfortably.

2) Glad she's comfortable. I was anything *but* comfortable sleeping on the recliner all night. Same with the couch. Even tried sleeping on the floor. Two hours of lousy sleep is all I got.

3) I'm not sure why I can't sleep at my folks house. I sure can sleep in a hotel room or even in my car between Tuesday classes. Just can't sleep at their condo. I've never been able to.

4)  I love my folks to death. But if my dad had asked me one more time this morning if I wanted to make myself some breakfast I'd have strangled him, I swear. Dad's one of those that just has to make sure everyone has enough to eat - to the point he'll hound the hell outta you until you say *yes* just to shut him up. I do not do mornings - I do not eat for a few hours after I get up. I've always been like this. Two pieces of toast were the ONLY thing that shut him up so I could get ready to head out to school. Grrrrrrrr.

5) Channel Hoppers!! They drive me crazy!! Dad's recently taken to channel hopping. Grrrrr. Nothing worse than getting into the show you're being *forced* to watch only to have the channel changed unexpectedly.

6) We didn't make it to Red Lobster yesterday. The weatherman was forecasting a winter weather advisory so we decided to stay close to home. Our second favorite restaurant was our destination. Great food. Priced reasonably. They were out of scallops, though. Damn. I'd so had my heart set on scallops.

7) Told my dad about Married Son's and my business plans over dinner last night. Surprisingly he's all for it. Usually he'd have said it's too high risk and just go work for someone else. Now he's all for taking the risk of starting a new business. Guess he's tired of hearing how bad things are here in Michigan and realizes it's gonna take a risk to survive ...

8) I'm soooooo glad to be home again. Like I said I love my folks. I'm just glad to be back home. My kids ... my messes ... my stuff ... my bed!! And I hear my bed calling me now. I'm so there as soon as I finish my thoughts.

9)  My car is being a butt-head again. Not sure what's going on. I'll have Married Son check it out tomorrow. I'm suspecting it's nothing serious, possibly just topping fluids off and tightening a hose and/or belt or two. I'm just tired of car problems.

10) I got this from my friend Amy ... even though St Patty's Day was yesterday I still did it. LOL.
What Your Shamrock Says About You
You express yourself well - you are very verbal. You are good at perceiving the world and understanding people.

At times you can be moody and lack direction. You have an artist's temperament.

You consider yourself a lucky person. Luck always seems to be on your side.

You are traditional, easy going, and appreciative of the simple things in life.

2 comments:

  1. Luv the carebear!! I grew up w/ the carebears! ;0) Sorry 2 hear you didn't make it to Red Lobster! Who can resist those cheddar biscuits?!!
    Here is what my shamrock says:
    What Your Shamrock Says About You

    You are balanced, nurturing, and sympathetic. You understand people and love to help them.

    At times, you get too involved with what's going on in other people's lives. It's hard to remove yourself.

    You consider yourself a lucky person. Luck always seems to be on your side.

    You are stylish, in a classic sort of way. You are particular about how you like things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I dont sleep well at mums either and your dad nagging about food sounds just like my mum. hmm ya think its a parent hingy? LOL i NAG MY KIDS ABOUT BREAKFAST TOO!!
    There is nothing better than your ownbed.
    Glad your mom is recovering well. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete