KUA

KUA

9/4/08

Buried under a pile of books ...

Yup, school's back in session! I'm buried under a pile of books once again. And loving it.

Yesterday was my first day of my interpersonal communications class. Gonna be a fun class, that's for sure. This teacher had a new twist on the introduce yourself *game*. We moved our desks into a huge circle and played a party game ... "We're having an imaginary picnic and you're invited" ... Give your first name and the name of something starting with the first letter of your first name that you're going to bring to our party ... BUT before you do, you have to go down the line, starting with the first person, what they're bringing, and then add your item. There are about thirty in the class ... I sat half way from the starting point. That's a lot of names I'd have to remember, LOL!

I looked at the teacher who was seated next to me and said, "you've got to be kidding. I'm lucky if I remember my own kids names ... and I'm gonna remember 18 names before mine?" He laughed. "Yup, I bet you can do it, but I'll allow notes. You just have to try first without looking at them". Funny thing is, I DID IT!! I didn't have to refer to my notes at all. Of course, there was a room full of *coaches* willing to help everyone that got stuck on names.

After our break it was right down to business. We did a few exercises in communication ... and listened to a power point presentation. Assigned homework. He let the class out early. It's funny, we all sort of lingered in the courtyard and got to know each other better after class. Like I said, this is gonna be a fun class. Close-knit ...

On the Alien front ... Day three of school and all is well on the transportation front. There was no discussion about how she'd get to school. The girls had agreed to meet 45 minutes early at the gas station on the corner for a cup of coffee, then they'd walk to the shuttle bus together.

And yes, I allow  my daughter to have caffeine. She seems to do better in school when her brain is bouncing all over the place. Go figure. Her teachers love her already, she's got a quick mind - and a quick wit. Her history teacher is a comedian wanna-be and just loves that someone catches on to even the subtlest of his jokes. She even correctly answered his questions during discussion time. So far so good ... I just hope her enthusiasm for school (and the shuttle bus) continue.

Me ... well, it's back to homework. I have class from six to ten tonight and still need to finish homework for tomorrow's 9 AM class. I'm sure not coming home late and finishing homework before I try to sleep.

I'll be catching up with everyone's blogs hopefully tomorrow after class.


3 comments:

  1. Glad to read that things are going well on the school front for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting out on the right foot all the way around!!!!!

    I HAVE to start my day out with caffeine too.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have some great classes this year.. oh 18 names? well done!! Dont think I coulda got 5 let alone 18!
    Keeping fingers crossed that everything continues to go well and peacefully with Alien child!


    ReplyDelete