2) Alien wanted Burger King last night for dinner. The only Burger King around is across town (not like McDonald's with one on every corner, LOL). So off we go. Decided I best stop at the gas station for some gas before we ended up running out (my gas guage is broken, I have to guest-imate how much is in the tank). Bumped into Married Son while there. Funny how we keep bumping into each other in the oddest places.
3) Married Son was filling up his new truck. Yes, another new truck. New to him that is. His first Ford. He found a great deal on the used Explorer. So, last night he's doing something to the truck and hears a meow ... he looks around, discovers the meow is coming from the undercarriage of his new truck!! A kitten!! About six months old. He coaxed it out. It bolted for under his porch. He's been trying to coax it out ever since with no success. Now he's worried that the kitten may have been under his truck since he picked it up yesterday.
4) It's not the first time we've found kittens in odd places!! Back in the late 80s my mom came to pick up the boys from our apartment for a week with her. She had borrowed my grandmother, Gigi's car for whatever reason. She threw me the keys to open the trunk and put the boys stuff inside. I saw a quick orange streak and then a soft meowing. It took forever to coax the scared kitty out of Gigi's trunk. We never did figure out how it got in there. Mom gave the kitten to my Brother Deere. He named her Precious. Had her for about a dozen years.
5) Speaking of cats ... what is it that attracks cats to whatever open book is in front of you? That's half the reason I'm taking a break now, Ringo has taken over my *Essentials of Entreprenuership and Small Business Management* textbook! It's his favorite book to nap in as it's a huge textbook. Every time I try to move him he just jumps right back up! Personally I wish he'd fall asleep on my *Introduction to Business* textbook. That one puts me to sleep, too.
6) It almost looks like a Laurel and Hardy comedy skit, I put him down on the floor, he jumps up. His aim is getting better, he'll jump from floor right to middle of the damned book. Repeat the process until the human gives up. I really should just pick him up and deposit his happy ass outside the room. But no ....
7) I love a company with good customer service, but too much can be annoying as hell, too. My cell phone is dying a slow and painful death. It's not pretty. I've selected the phone I want to buy (I think) but I need something that can be switched over to another service in the near future. So, I am on the Sprint website checking out their *Simply Everything* plan. All of a sudden a chat window pops up with a live sales rep. All I wanted to do was check out a service plan I'm sure I'll switch to when I got bombarded by questions. Even telling her that I already had my mind set on what I want didn't get her to back off. Grrrrrr, annoying as hell!
8) Alien and I are getting our issues resolved just fine. It's nice to be able to talk to her adult to (almost) adult about what's been bugging her. And now that her feelings have been aired she's back to being the giggly goofy kid we all know and love.
9) LOL, number 9 and I'm doing the "ummm" thing. You'd think not blogging much lately that I'd have things to say. Guess not. LOL!
10) So this is where I end this ... without a tenth thought. Other than to say it's back to the books now - cat or no cat I gotta study!! I'll catch up with ya'll when I can!

I tossed cats out of the room for a couple of months until the furkids finally got the idea and now they don't sit on my books - they have their own chair next to mine where they sit and whine while I'm reading. #8 is good news - especially since you'll have this blog to go back if things get rough again.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your classes......
The invasion of the cats! LOL
ReplyDeleteHope the kitty comes out for your son, it must be scared silly.
Glad to hear that things are getting easier with Alien!
Dont study too hard!!